You are not logged in.
I tried your suggestion - it worked. But it is so counterintuitive!?
I made sure every setting to be set to UTF8 and it turns out there is no need to do that. Weird... Seems like usability bug.
Anyways, thank you!
Thank you for pointing to this topic. It didn't resolve this issue but helped me to reveal and fix another one - my server level encoding was not UTF8.
This post may help:
Did you try to use another encoding like "ISO-8859-15" in your EXCEL input component and use the UTF-8 on your MYSQLOUTPUT.
Normally JAVA will handle the conversion between the source and the target.
It might be interesting to test it.
I am expiriencing a problem with loading foreign language data (Mexican) from Excel into MySQL.
My original file has this string: ' MEGA CHEDRAUI ACAPULCO Calzada Piť de la cuesta No 239 Col.'
I created Excel metadata in UTF-8 format, however it seems that is not handling characters properly. When I at the data in Preview mode, I see that string is corrupted: ' MEGA CHEDRAUI ACAPULCO Calzada Pi� de la cuesta No 239 Col.'
Direct insert into a table works fine - I get expected results. MySQL table is created with UTF8 charset.
Please explain how to handle international data properly.