You are not logged in.
What components I got to extract from the URL that you mentioned in Step 1. Please advice.
I'm trying to use talend to insert records into MongoDb. I'm reading a flat file with records in JSON format but no matter what I do, I can't see the MongoDB Connection in the drop list of the MongoDbOutput. I've followed the same procedure described here but it doesn't work, any tips?
Thanks in advance.
Great! Thanks for your feedback!
By request from @carbone I'm posting this summary of how I connected to a MongoDB for extracting data.
1) Downloaded the components from TalendForge web: http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/?eid=286
(Components are not availble through the in-app TalendForge Exchange)
2) Extracted the files and put each of the component's folders in:
3) I also made a copy of mongo-1.3.jar from the component's folders an put it in:
%TalendInstallationPath%\lib\java (Thanks Pedro!)
4) Restart ToS.
5) Then I set up the test job with a tMongoDBConnection-component first, with
- URL to server (within quotation marks)
- Name of the database (within quotation marks)
- Port (without quotation marks!)
6) Next I pulled in the tMongoDBInput-component and connected it to the Connection-component with a OnComponentOK-connection.
7) In the basic settings of tMongoDBInput-component I,
- checked: "Use Existing Connection", and choose the tMongoDBConnection from drop list
- entered name of the collection i wanted to query (within quotation marks)
- Left query empty to get what ever
- and set a limit to not get drowned with data
8) And set up the Schema (Edit Schema) of the tMongoDBInput-component, where each column is the keys of the key-value-pairs of the chosen mongodb collection.
9) Then, for testing, I connected the input component to a tLogRow, and ran it.
Cheers & good luck,