You are not logged in.
Thanks so much for your reply. Your answers came just in time for our morning meeting and they are really helpful.
1. No. I think if TAC can automatically deploy and launch jobs, it will be not safe. The arrangement of jobs is decided by TAC manager role.
2. If you want to use the features of TAC, you have to install JobServer.
3. If you don't install JobServer, TAC can't arrange jobs or projects. So AMC can't work.
5. I don't think so.
6. Yes. Artifact Repository is optional. You can update it manually. But it's hard to keep version consistency.
I have several questions on the TIS 5.1 installation. Assuming that we had TAC installed and hook up with SVN and some sort of database to handle Admin Metadata(Users, Rights, etc.).
1. Does TAC provide a way to configured/scheduled so that if there is any updates on SVN then it "AUTOMATICALLY" deploys and launchs the job on the Execution Server?
2. If we don't want AUTOMATICALLY/SCHEDULED deploys/launchs jobs then we don't need to install JobServer? We can then manually copy our jar to any server and run it there?
3. If we don't install the JobServer piece, will the Activity Monitorying Console work? In your documentations, the architecture picture shows that the Activity Monitoring Console(AMC) links to TAC but if the Job Server is done manually how does TAC knows to report to the Dashboard if there is any error in deploys/launchs of jobs?
4. Can the AMC be configured so that it can read database tables
without having to go throught the TAC and reports it to the web browser, send emails/alerts notifications?
5. Do we need to install agents on our SVN server, Admin MetaData, AMC, Execution Server, Artifact Repository?
6. Is Artifact Repository also optional? If there is an updates from Talend we can always manually install it manually?
Thanks so much.