You are not logged in.
I found that it was trying to connect to the database without using the default context variables from the job.
Have you defined the default value with the connect params, not null? If so, it should be a bug.
After adding a tLogCatcher and tBufferOutput to my job and trying a few things regarding the database and context variables, I found that it was trying to connect to the database without using the default context variables from the job. I was able to determine that all context variables had to be passed in the URL in order for it to connect properly.
Here was the error message I was receiving after putting in the tLogCatcher and tBufferOutput:
2009-07-09 13:42:21RPI9pTRPI9pTRPI9pTtestwebserviceSampleWARDefault6Java ExceptiontPostgresqlInput_1java.sql.SQLException:No suitable driver found for jdbc:postgresql://null:null/null1
It was solved by passing all variables through the URL.
For my job I had been running it from GUI and cmd line and only setting contexts that were different than the defaults, as most of the flexibility needed in the deployed version isn't needed during testing. Is it a bug or by design that you must pass all contexts into the job when exported as a webservice?
I'm trying to export my project, and got it working from the cmd line, but would now like to run it as a webservice. It didn't work properly, so I tried creating a simpler job to see where the issue was.
I've managed to export a job to a webservice correctly as a test, it simply sends an email and returns 0. Trying to expand on that, I added a simple read and write from one Postgres table to another. It runs fine in Talend and cmd line, but is giving an error return of 1 as a webservice WAR.
I'm thinking the issue lies with the way my webservice is trying to connect to the database, but am not sure why it would work from cmd line and not as a WAR (as this is my first experience with Tomcat). I've attached an image of my job and the result in the browser, if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be a great help.
I'm using Talend 3.1.0, Java 1.6.0_12, Tomcat 6, and Postgres 1.8.4. Tomcat and Postgres are both running on localhost on my WinXP machine. I've tried it in IE7 and Chrome, same results.