You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2010-07-20 10:07:55

ttyy6
19 posts

ttyy6 said:

violation against the guideline?

Tags: [i18n]

Hi,
When I look TOS4.0.2. interface at japanese locale, I found some violations against Babili Guidelines.
Should these be correct according to Giidelines?
These all are transrated which should not be transrate, so correct means remove translation.
Relevant regulations are;

(1) All items displayed in the Repository should remain in EN: Job Designs, Business Models, Metadata, SQL Templates, Code, Documentation… Exception to this rule is Recycle Bin that will be translated.
(5) The perspective names (Component Designer, Debug, Design Worskspace…) should remain in EN. 
(6) The link name (Row Main, Iterate, Lookup, Trigger, Reject…) should remain in EN.

Last edited by ttyy6 (2010-07-20 14:38:30)

#2 2010-07-20 11:06:25

esabot
Talend Team

esabot said:

Re: violation against the guideline?

Hi,
Well, the guidelines are pretty outdated by now, I shall say.
I should probably remove them as these are misleading.
To explain a bit, we established these rules of untranslated terms at the start of the Babili project, as we were not sure their translation wouldn't break something in the code.
But we know now that things are sorted and everything can be translated if it makes more sense in some languages.
I left the guidelines in place, just for recommendation as we don't control all languages, but I suppose I will remove them now, following your post.
If you still think these terms should be left untranslated in Japanese, we can probably open the discussion and let JP users make a call about it.
Many thanks for your interest in Babili, that's great.

Elisa

Follow Talend on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook.

#3 2010-07-21 03:53:33

ttyy6
19 posts

ttyy6 said:

Re: violation against the guideline?

Hi Ekisa,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.
I understand you wrote well.

Thanks again!

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy