You are not logged in.
I purchased the TalendMDM EE, and want to move all my data from CE to EE.
1. I did a back-up from CE and restore to EE.
2. I did create accounts for users to see/modify data.
problem: when I try to update the data or create a new record, I get an error saying that I don't have permission to create/update; even as administrator.
Is there any proper method to migrate from CE to EE?
The most important difference between CE and EE is the use of roles based access controls that wrap most everything in Talend MDM.
Have you assigned the appropriate rights to the container, model, entities and views.
assign rights to container and model in the roles setup
assign rights to the entity in the data model setup
assign rights to the views in the views setup
Thanks for your response. After your suggestion
1. I did go to Roles Setup and gave read&write permission to System_Interactive role for my container and model.
2. I created an account "user" and granted it the role "System_Interactive"
3. I also selected my entity and set the "roles with write access"
4. Saved all the settings
5. logged in as user account.
Result: I was able to see the data like before, but was giving same error when I tried to create a new record "Unauthorized write access to user on Item ModelName.EntityName.6547"
Q1. What could I be missing?
Q2. Do I need to restart Services?