You are not logged in.
I have a project where database's schemas (tables,columns) changed almost two weeks .Amount of tables in each version - about 250-300. For adapt each new version of database to production I spend very much time to change declaration of table's schemas of each job's input-component.
What is the right method for use metadata and schema? This problem tested on TOS v5.0 and v4.1 where metadata changes supported by retrieve schema, but it is does not work!(BUG?).
I think it is not related to type of database (in my case Oracle 11g)
Give me any tip , please.
You need to retrieve the schema again in metadata if the table already changes. In the job, each input component use the metadata schema, the changes will be populated automatically into the job once the schema is updated in metadata. If it is not updated even though you have clicked on the the 'retrieve schema' button, it should be bug.
Thank, but I think it is the bug! I'm discovered the next method:
1. In repository I save 1st version of DB(DB1) and 2nd version (DB2).
2. In all my jobs I declared schemas from repository and type DB1.
3. Change talend job version of all jobs from 0.1 to 0.2
4. Export items of schema on to disk
5. Open files *.item in external text editor (notepad++) and search & replace key corresponding to database DB2 in repository and save files
6. Import items into studio
7. Open imported job and press Ok when talend ask if update schema
Need details ? - write me here