You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-15 14:57:31

iEC

tRestRequest JSON Support

Tags: [esb, JSON]

Is there any plan for JSON support in the near future? With JSON being the preferred format for REST interfaces I find it odd that tRestRequest only works with XML (at least to the best of my knowledge thats true).

I absolutely love Talend's various tools but without JSON support Im finding it difficult to suggest Talend EBS over other products like Mule which have such great JSON support.

#2 2013-03-18 17:44:15

xsasiela
32 posts

Re: tRestRequest JSON Support

I agree with you iEC, i had same problem. The only way i find was to use a tRest component and convert json into xml format for manipulate with xslt trasnformation to have my xml output because,.... the tXMLmap cannot support my xml structure, but it's an other story...!

Unless i mistaken, json components are very limited and i very surprising to see in the tFileInputJSON that we don't have a loop entry point (like tFileinputXML) for all row (each row/xpath request is independant isn't it?)

Strange...

Last edited by xsasiela (2013-03-18 17:48:57)

#3 2013-03-18 19:10:41

iEC

Im not really having a problem retrieving JSON information from Talend ESB as I can specify header information to have it retrieved in the format I want. However, POSTing and PUTing JSON information doesnt seem do-able with Talend ESB at this point.

You would think this would be a very high priority for talend based on how popular JSON and ESB's are becoming.

#4 2013-03-18 19:15:55

xsasiela
32 posts

it's clearly SOAP oriented...

#5 2013-04-02 10:07:51

xmouchot
Talend Team

Hi,
A tExtractJsonField will be added in the 5.3 version.
If you want to extract json , you have to code it in a routine via the jackson lib for example.

Regards

#6 2013-05-02 14:45:10

sberyozkin
Talend Team

FYI, at the moment tRESTRequest only supports a JSON-to/from-XML auto conversion, which works quite well in many cases, but is limiting, as it prevents the use of advanced JSON aware Talend components. tRESTResponse allows for XML to JSON and returning String JSON sequence, same for tRESTClient. I believe 5.4.0 will also let users simply pass a JSON string via tREStRequest too, for cool components like tExtractJsonField used when needed

Last edited by sberyozkin (2013-05-02 15:00:04)

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy