You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-19 23:57:44

ratneshsing
25 posts

Unable to move job to TAG

Hello,
I have created a TAG and all Jobs from branch have been moved to TAG, now i added another Job in branch and i am unable to move this new job to TAG, i don't see any option to do it in studio.

I can right-click on the job and move from Trunk to branch but i don't see this option in branch, i was expecting to see promote to TAG option in branch, could you guide me on how to do it ?

#2 2014-02-20 03:59:33

xdshi
Talend Team

Re: Unable to move job to TAG

Hi,

Could you switch them in studio TalendHelpCenter:How+to+switch+between+branches.

Best regards
Sabrina

What we can do is to make sure that Talend will be your best choice!

#3 2014-02-20 04:56:19

ratneshsing
25 posts

I can switch from Trunk to branch and branch to tag in studio, But when i am in branch and try to move just one Job to tag i don't see any way to do it, while when i am in trunk and if i right click on a job i see an option to move job to branch.

#4 2014-02-20 07:25:05

xdshi
Talend Team

Hi,

As a matter of fact, it is normal that you are unable to move job to TAG. Because a tag is a read-only copy of the project. When working in a tag, you will be unable to permanently save your changes to a Job unless you copy the Job to a branch or the trunk.

Best regards
Sabrina

#5 2014-02-20 17:16:08

ratneshsing
25 posts

Yep, i understand TAG is readonly, but i should be able to move jobs to TAG from branch correct ?

Here is the scenario/steps  -

Step 1:  I have created a TAG and all Jobs from branch have been moved to TAG.
Step 2:  Add new job in branch
Step 3:  Now move this new job to TAG from branch (which i am unable to do)  because I don't see any option to move single job from branch to tag.

please help.

#6 2014-02-21 05:22:32

xdshi
Talend Team

Hi,

It's not currently possible.
It welcome to open a Work Item jira issue of DI project on TalendHelpCenter:Talend Bug Tracker.

Best regards
Sabrina

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy