You are not logged in.
I'm new in TOS world, and since yesterday i'm doing a lot of jobs in order to enhance my knowledge of the product. Now, i'm trying to output some data read from a position delimited file into an AS400 table (in order to save me a lot of time at work)
Between the file input and the DB output, I simply modify the line in order to truncate the 200 first characters (with the substring java function) and I submit the whole line as a single field in a new table (drop if exists)
In the log, my lines are good, their size is 601 bytes (which is OK), but on the AS400 side, lines appears to have 603 bytes ! I can see 1 or 2 extra characters at the begining of the field, which is very strange.
The same file transfered using iSeries software is good at the end, so I don't understand what I'am doing wrong.
Thank you for your help.
ps : i'm using the "translate binary=true" option
edit : oh, and ofcourse if I do a substring(201) instead of substring(200) on the row, the garbage character is still there, but the first real character of my string is now truncated :-/
Last edited by cho7 (2008-12-16 21:12:33)
this morning I tried to split my column into several field in the database, and on the AS400 side now I've got an extra character in front of *each* field !
It really sounds like bug of the AS400Output component, isn't it ?
Build id: r20205-20081119-1100
Very weird...I also notice that when I declare one of my position field as "Integer", I've got some "For input string" errors (and the incriminated lines are dropped somewhere in the middle of nowhere), and if I declare my field as Long, I've got now a truncated Error launched by the AS400 Output... Even my tSchemaCompliance don't catch this (and it's logical, i'm in positional, not in delimited mode, so I KNOW my field is 15 characters long...)
Anyway, I can't do all the tests I'd like, because each time I do a change, I have to ask some people to check my data in the AS400, kinda boring for them !
My first attempt was pretty simple, and I already had this character. Now, i'm not truncate anymore my file, because I have put a tMap in which I drop the first field (which is 200 characters long !) cf picture above.
Last edited by cho7 (2008-12-17 14:16:19)