You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

#1 2009-09-08 08:33:52

jnbarthas
85 posts

How to iterate a ftp site to browse subdirectories to get files?

Tags: [ftp, java]

Hello,

I'd like to use tFtpGet to retreive many files from a ftp server matching to file mask. However, I have many subdirectories to browse to catch these file.
How can I process to get through subdirectories names and file mask specification in a talend job?

JNB

#2 2010-03-23 17:33:39

xsasiela

Re: How to iterate a ftp site to browse subdirectories to get files?

Is there a response at this question? im blocked on this to. I'd like to iterate folder and subfolders to catch files an copy them to local machine? It is possible?

#3 2010-06-14 17:06:21

semana
8 posts

I have the same requirement.  Anyone figure out how to do this? 
Would also really appreciate any summary of how you worked around the need, even if it's not cleanly with a built-in Talend component..

thanks!

#4 2010-06-15 08:39:30

jnbarthas
85 posts

Hello,

To iterate the ftp Server, I made a "static" mapping between subdirectories definitions from a file so that I could try to retrieve files according to already known subdirectories.

JNB

#5 2010-06-16 10:18:18

Chris_25
25 posts

you can use tftpfilelist to list the directories on the ftp site and then use another tftpfilelist to go through the directories listed by the first one, I knew there was only 2 levels of dir's to do. Its not great but it worked.

However I would think you could put it into a loop to recursively go through an unlimited number of dir's, probably only using 1 tftpfilelist component.

Board footer