You are not logged in.
Environment is TIS-r19980-V3.0.1 running on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2. When a recurring Task is executed multiple times using a recurring Trigger, there will be seemingly random times at which the Task will not end cleanly, but will have the limbo status "Waiting for the task to end". This status never changes and prevents the recurring Trigger from activating the Task a subsequent time. Ironically (and incorrectly), the JobServer log depicts the Task as successfully completed.
Question: Do any of the Apache Tomcat or other JobServer log files capture any indication of what the Task is doing when "stuck" in this state?
1. This behavior has been observed across multiple Jobs/Tasks, not just one.
2. This behavior has been observed regardless of recurring Trigger type (Simple and CronUI).
3. The only workaround to un-freeze the Task is to bounce the Apache Tomcat Service.
Any information that you can provide will be helpful. Thanks.
I'm not sure but I think that this trouble is resolved in version 3.0.2 of Talend Integration Suite.
Could you use the support tool to ask for migration.
Thanks a lot;
I'm seeing the same behavior on a Linux (OpenSuse 11.0) TIS 3.0.4 install.
I have multiple jobs runnings using CronUI scheduling and after the first iteration they go in to a 'waiting' loop for the task to complete, even though the log shows a completed time and the log/stat catcher is reflecting a successful run.
We are searching a solution at that moment, I found a solution for the case where the task remains to "Running" and "Waiting for the task to end" although the job on the JobServer is ended.
Yet I was not able to reproduce the case the task is "Ready to run" and "Waiting for the task to end" although the job on the JobServer is ended.
Please to users which encounter a similar problem, I need more information on the context:
- total of tasks,
- number of tasks where the problem occurs,
- problem occurs on any systems not others (Admin/JobServer) 32 bits or 64 bits,
- content of table 'executiontask' and particularly the columns
- possible errors in TIS_Administrator.log
Is anyone has experienced this problem on a 3.1.x ?
Thanks to you.
We found one of the most probable cause of blocking triggers, it is necessary to upgrade the Quartz library from 1.6.0 to 1.6.5, you can download it here:
Please, give us a feedback on this subject.
Last edited by amaumont (2009-06-11 16:07:16)
I have the same problem as described here, and I am using TIS 3.1.3. This problem appears since migration from 3.0.4 to 3.1.3, last week.
I tried to regenerate and redeploy all jobs. Nothing changed.
To answer amaumont question:
- total of tasks : 15
- number of tasks where the problem occurs: 12
- problem occurs on any systems not others (Admin/JobServer) 32 bits or 64 bits: my server is a Windows 2003 R2 server
- content of table 'executiontask' and particularly the columns:
id dtype e_version label description executionserver_executionserver_id project_project_id context jobversion active idquartzjob lastscriptgenerationdate idremotejob idremotejobexecution checksumarchive jobscriptarchivefilename status processingstate errorstatus lastrundate lastdeploymentdate lastendedrundate jobid executionvirtualserver_virtualserver_e_id concurrentexecution maxconcurrentexecutions generatedprojectname generatedjobname applycontexttochildren errorstacktrace lasttriggeringdate
- possible errors in TIS_Administrator.log:
the following error appears often in the log file
2009-08-24 10:58:48 ERROR SvnCheckoutHelper - Unable to load item C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\temp\Talend_Administrator_Checkout_CTS\process\Hastus\hast_2_EtatJournalier_0.1\hast_2_EtatJournalier\accident\hast_2_etatjournalier_0_1\contexts\production.properties