You are not logged in.
I have tried find instructions how to set the start value of the auto increment attribute in the data model but no luck. can somebody help? I know how to use the auto incremet as id but want to change the value where it begins to increment. it's possible in mysql so I suppose its possible in talend mdm/exist?
yes its possible.
1. In TOS got to MDM section
2. go to Data Container|System|CONF
3. On the Entity Drop Down list, select Autoincrement and hit the search
4. Edit the search record returned, and go to Source section
This value is stored in the system datacontainer called 'CONF'. You can edit the XML to set the value you need.
<AutoIncrement> <id>AutoIncrement</id> <entry> <key>["Version"]."Datacontainer"."Entity"."Pk"</key> <value>1</value> </entry>
Last edited by csonnefraud (2011-03-25 16:20:09)
It is possible indeed as muraliv and csonnefraud detailed.
But I'll let you one advice, as I've struggled multiple times resetting multiple counters... Id is just an identifier, so unless there is a really strong point to use a AUTO_INCREMENT type, you should use UUID instead. That way, you don't have to keep resetting Auto Increment start values every time you want to redo your tests.
If you are using AUTO_INCREMENT to keep track of creation order, you could deal with that in other ways:
- Create CreateDate and UpdateDate on the DataModel;
- Query Journal and see all the CRUD actions on every record, ordered in any way you want.