You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2011-10-03 15:35:04

tamax
66 posts

tamax said:

Create a "Die on Error" option for component tFileInputJSON

Hi,

It is all in the title: i find very useful the "die on error" option in the tFileFetch component, which avoids global failures when fetching lots of files from the web. I would be very happy to have the same option in the tFileInputJSON so my job could keep running even if one call fails smile

Best regards,
Maxime Gosmant.

#2 2011-10-04 07:32:34

saburo
130 posts

saburo said:

Re: Create a "Die on Error" option for component tFileInputJSON

Hello,
should not be difficult I guess.

I might do that as an exercise for the tutorial on component creation I am writing.
I quickly checked the component and I was a bit surprised it uses javascript to read json (it actually inits a javascript engine).
I am not sure why, I did use some simple json structures in java without the need of js, normally json-simple.jar shoul be enough.
If the component author reads this message (it's marked "Talend") I would be happy to know more.
Anyway, about the die on error, I think I can work on it, not sure if today, but normally within the week.

Regards
Francesco

#3 2011-10-04 09:52:12

saburo
130 posts

saburo said:

Do you have a sample file / url and job I can use to test the modified component?

#4 2011-10-04 10:08:30

tamax
66 posts

tamax said:

Hi Saburo,

I am sorry I have nothing that I can publish.
You can try with Twitter API or any JSON API from here: http://www.programmableweb.com/
The only problem is that you have to make it fail...

Best,
Maxime.

#5 2011-10-04 10:18:29

saburo
130 posts

saburo said:

I think I have a better idea : YOU make it fail tongue

I modified the component and explained each single modification I did, but I did run no (zero) tests, so I guess there will be a few issues here and there.

You can find the updated component here : http://powerupbi.com/talend/componentCreation_10.html
Scroll to the bottom of the page, there is a download link.

I am also sure there are plenty of typos in the page, I am currently reviewing it to remove them (sorry), I just thought it was good to publish it immediately so that others (starting with you) can test the modifications.

Please backup your original component before installing the modified one

#6 2011-10-10 10:56:22

saburo
130 posts

saburo said:

Well, guess it was not that important after all... tongue

#7 2011-10-13 09:29:03

tamax
66 posts

tamax said:

Hi Saburo,

Yes it is important and I would be happy to test your new component but I really don't have time for that.
That's why I posted it in the forum "suggestion", so that it will be eventually included in a future release.

In any case I will have a look at your work on your web page, looks interesting wink

Regards,
Maxime.

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy