You are not logged in.
I would like to use tPivot, so I' ve downloaded the last version of TOS (Milestone release 2.3.0M1) as I thought this component was in it. Unfortunatly, I was wrong. I found this link: [Subversion] r6525, but I don't know how tu use it, to import it in talend. Sorry if this seems stupid, but I'm a little bit lost with TOS for the moment....
I've a file with 2 columns (answers and questions) like this in input:
I would like to have in output:
Can tPivot be useful to do that? Could you help me and explain to me how to do it?
Thanks a lot.
tPivotOutputDelimited cannot help you in that case because it requires at least 3 columns :
- a pivot column : one output column for each distinct value
- a group by column : one output row for each distinct value
- an aggregation column
Maybe youíve got a solution to my issue, it would be very helpful.
1. I execute a query on an Oracle database, and as a result, I get this kind of data:
Id Question Answer
1 Name Juan
2 Name Jean
3 Name John
1 Sex M
2 Sex M
3 Sex F
1 Surgery Yes
2 Surgery No
3 Surgery Yes
2. I want to transform my data like this:
Id Name Surgery Sex
1 Juan Yes M
2 Jean No M
3 John Yes F
3. Finally, with a tMap component, I want to put this data in an Access Database, which is already created:
Medical history Patient
Can you show me the way to do it in Talend and/or give me some advice for the part 2.?
We have just created [Bugtracker, feature 2553, open] New component : tPivot. Feedback is welcome !