You are not logged in.
Strange! Not sure you have hidden the components, open "Edit project properties" and "Designer -> Palette settings and see whether the components are hidden, if so, active them by moving them from hide side to show side.
No it's not hidden :-/ (checked)
But, it seems I have two different components locations on my disc.
Is there any way to check which one the installation is actually using?
By comparing components installed in the two different component folders I've now established which one is the active folder.
- I've removed all tExcelReport-files (including empty folder in ...plugins\org.talend.designer.components.ecosystem...", which I guess was created when I initially tried to install the component from TalendExchange within ToS).
- Files (in their tExcelReport folder) put in plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_xxx.rxxxxx\components\
- Checked for hidden components.
-> Nothing. Clueless :-(
Anything special with Linux?
Any other test I can do to add data to the problem?
Nothing is special with Linux. Because this component is not compatible with v4.2.3, so it does not work if you install it from TalendExchange within TOS directly, you have to modify the component as you did before installing it into TOS.
Please follows these steps to install a custom component:
1. Download the component tExcelReport from Talend Exchange, modify the component as you did to ensure the component is compatible with v4.2.3.
2. Unzip the archive file, copy the component folder and past it to a folder (for example: /usr/home/shong/) where you want to save all the custom components. Note that the component folder structure here, it contains the component files in it, such as tExcelReport_begin.javajet, tExcelReport_main.javajet.
3. Open Talend studio, go to windows-->preferences-->talend-->components and set the 'User component folder' parameter, (for example, /usr/home/shong/)
4. Restart Talend studio or press shift+ctrl+F3 to reload the components.
5. Open any one of jobs and expand the palette/File on the right side, check whether the component tExcelReport appear.
That was some new input for me.
I haven't created a user component folder.
BUT, still it does not work.
- I set up a user component folder: /home/geuder/Documents/user components talend/
- Put the adjusted tExcelReport files in my "user components talend"
- Set it up in Talend settings
(windows-->preferences-->talend-->components and set the 'User component folder' parameter)
- Removed the old tExcelReport-folder
which was in "...plugins>org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_4.2.3.r67267>components"
- Closed and restarted Talend
-> No component (and not hidden)
But I think Talend created the following folder and copied the files there. Is that correct?
-> Maybe I've adjusted the files wrongly!?
Could I send you (Shong) my adjusted files to have your eyes on them?
Last edited by geuder (2012-01-30 17:55:36)