You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2006-11-30 08:50:27

kvocat
110 posts

kvocat said:

New version 1.1.0M1 and case sensitivity with Postgresql

Hi !

Thanks a lot for this new version. New features are wonderful. For example sqlEditor for TInputDB, tOutputPositional are great. I tested new features with Postgres. Now you can insert data in a schema different from public and this schema can be written "MySchema" and table name "MyTable". It's okay. I just found a problem with the case of the columns. We can't have column name with mixed cases. In debug mode I saw that :

INSERT
  INTO "frvPersonne"."LocaliteTemp"
  (idLocalite,ONRP,NPA,NPAComplementaire,ofsNr,libelle,typeNPA,idTypePays,npaAdressage)
  VALUES '

We can see the quotes (or double quotes) are present for schema and table name, but not for the columns... So when we try to insert data, we get this error message : column idlocalite dosen't exist... Could you add quotes for column name ?

Thank you for your very great work !!!

Kim

#2 2006-11-30 09:27:10

ccarbone
1223 posts

ccarbone said:

Re: New version 1.1.0M1 and case sensitivity with Postgresql

Hi Kim,

Thank you for this post. I create a bug on our bugtracker and i ask to cantoine a feedback.
Follow it with this link : [Bug] 307

Regards,
Cedric Carbone
Talend CTO
https://twitter.com/carbone

#3 2006-11-30 10:04:59

plegall
Talend Team

plegall said:

Re: New version 1.1.0M1 and case sensitivity with Postgresql

[Bug] 307 is a duplicate of [Bug] 205. I've been working on [Bug] 205 yesterday and it's a very annoying bug. The case sensitivity is managed in a very specific way to PostgreSQL. Even on PostgreSQL mailing-list, the advice I've read is to "avoid mixing upper and lower case in column/table/schema names". The bug will be resolved at the end of the day, I really hope.

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy