You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2011-06-30 10:40:07

mkuffner
Talend Team

mkuffner said:

ESB Studio - tXMLMap error in data service job

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a data service which does a DB lookup using the tESBProvider and tXMLMap components (see error.png)
The result of the lookup should be mapped to the service response (see txmlmap.png)

When I'm running the job an error occurs: "Struct cannont be resolved to a type", etc... (see error.png)
It seems that there is something wrong with the generated code and I'm wondering why and what could be the root cause.

Any hint to solve this problem is highly appreciated!

Thanks,
Marian

PS: I'm using the latest ESB EE GA release
Version: 4.2.0
Build id: r63143-20110622-0457

Last edited by mkuffner (2011-06-30 10:47:08)

#2 2011-06-30 17:53:46

zubairov
Talend Team

zubairov said:

Re: ESB Studio - tXMLMap error in data service job

Hello Marian,

Hm... simple workaround, delete your tXMLMap component and re-create it again. I saw this issue once when I inserted a new component between tXMLMap and other Component, in this case the name of the row which is going into tXMLMap is changed and as you know row name is a variable name in java which is generated by Talend. That could cause such issues.
I will forward this thread to Rémy so that he could also have a look.

Renat

#3 2011-06-30 18:04:41

zubairov
Talend Team

zubairov said:

One more issue, your tXMLMap declare a namespace prefix, but does not declare a namespace. You need to right-click on the root's child and select 'Add namespace' and define a prefix (you are using in the element) and namespace value.

#4 2011-07-01 06:53:55

mkuffner
Talend Team

mkuffner said:

Renat,

thanks for the hints. Unfortunately delete and re-create again didn't work for me, even when re-creating the whole service from scratch.
As a workaround I was able to use tESBProviderRequest -> tXMLMap -> TFlowToIterate -> tMySQLInput -> tMap -> tXMLMap -> tESBProviderResponse sucessfully.

Seems that there is something wrong with the code generated for the input data of tXMLMap, depending on the previous component.

cheers,
Marian

#5 2011-07-01 07:10:51

zubairov
Talend Team

zubairov said:

Cool. Do you have a screenshot of your job? Can you post an export of it and a screenshot somwhere?

Last edited by zubairov (2011-07-04 13:32:15)

#6 2011-07-01 07:14:21

mkuffner
Talend Team

mkuffner said:

Attached a screenshot of the data service provider job including the workaround via tMap.

cheers,
Marian

Last edited by mkuffner (2011-07-04 16:45:27)

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy