You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2011-12-02 12:43:01

pcoffre
785 posts

pcoffre said:

Talend Version 5 and New Product Names

Dear Community members,

You might have noticed that your favorite Talend product you have just dowloaded has changed names with Version 5. And that the forums have been updated to reflect the change. I had announced it in the 5.0.0 GA availability message. For even more visibility, I am creating this thread and adding a message from Yves de Montcheuil, our VP of Marketing, on the reason why products are being renamed. Yves also lists the modifications for open source products.

New Product Names in Talend v5 From Yves de Montcheuil, on the Talend blog

Version 5 is now out, and with it come some product name changes. Specifically, the open source/community products are all being renamed to show their belonging to the “Talend Open Studio family”.  They are listed here:

- Talend Open Studio for Data Integration is the new name of Talend Open Studio, the most widely used open source data integration/ETL tool in the world.
- Talend Open Studio for Data Quality is the new name of Talend Open Profiler, the only open source enterprise data profiling tool.
- Talend Open Studio for MDM is the new name of Talend MDM Community Edition, the first – and only – open source MDM solution.
- Talend Open Studio for ESB is the new name of Talend ESB Studio Standard Edition, the easy to use open source ESB based on leading Apache Software Foundation integration projects.

There is no “Talend Open Studio for BPM”. Indeed, since the BPM technology in Talend v5 is provided through an OEM partnership with BonitaSoft, one can simply download their open source edition, Bonita Open Solution, which is essentially the open source version of Talend Enterprise BPM.

See the message on the Talend blog: http://www.talend.com/blog/2011/11/30/n … talend-v5/

Best,
Pcoffre.

Follow Talend on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook.
Download and try Talend solutions

#2 2011-12-02 16:25:22

jgutierrez
1 post

jgutierrez said:

Re: Talend Version 5 and New Product Names

Hello, I wonder if there is a test version of the enterprise version and that version entreprise price ranges. I would like to test for real-time synchronization between Oracle and Teradata and do not know how to get this version of the tool and what price ranges.

Thank you.

#3 2011-12-02 16:34:42

pcoffre
785 posts

pcoffre said:

Hi jgutierrez,

What I would advise would be to contact your contry's sales representative. Our team member will be able to give you a trial version of the product, some price ranges and all other information you will need.

Here is the address to contact for general sales inquiries: sales@talend.com

Best,
Pcoffre.

#4 2011-12-19 12:07:30

kazeb
1 post

kazeb said:

Hello, I would like to know, if there is a test version of Talend Open Studio for ESB in enterprise version. so i would like to test the Talend Open Studio for ESB entreprise edition for two weeks.

Kind regards,
KAZEB

#5 2011-12-22 11:34:40

rajeshkumar_mdm

rajeshkumar_mdm said:

Hello Talend,

I am trying to install Talend MDM 5.0.  But i got struck in the following step.

In the Process Import Objects wizard:

Select the Select archive file option and click the [...] button.

Select the zip file you downloaded from the Download it! or Prerequisite section of this tutorial.

In the Select items to import area, expand Event Management and Process, and select the check box corresponding to the CallTOSJobTemplate process.

Click Finish to import it in your MDM Server.

Problem: I cant get that CallTOSJobTemplate.zip file. but i got TOSJobTemplate.zip. I tried to import that file also, but is not showing in Process Subtree. Pls help me.

With Regards,

Rajeshkumar

#6 2011-12-22 14:40:34

pcoffre
785 posts

pcoffre said:

kazeb wrote:

Hello, I would like to know, if there is a test version of Talend Open Studio for ESB in enterprise version. so i would like to test the Talend Open Studio for ESB entreprise edition for two weeks.

Kind regards,
KAZEB

Hi kazeb,

Yes there is a test version of the enterprise ESB product. You will need to get in contact with your region's sales representative to get access to the test version at this address: sales@talend.com (do mention your location). Alternatively, you can go to our contact page where you will find emails and phone numbers to call: http://www.talend.com/open-source-provider/contacts.php

Best,
Pcoffre.

#7 2011-12-22 14:46:40

pcoffre
785 posts

pcoffre said:

rajeshkumar_mdm wrote:

Hello Talend,

I am trying to install Talend MDM 5.0.  But i got struck in the following step.

In the Process Import Objects wizard:

Select the Select archive file option and click the [...] button.

Select the zip file you downloaded from the Download it! or Prerequisite section of this tutorial.

In the Select items to import area, expand Event Management and Process, and select the check box corresponding to the CallTOSJobTemplate process.

Click Finish to import it in your MDM Server.

Problem: I cant get that CallTOSJobTemplate.zip file. but i got TOSJobTemplate.zip. I tried to import that file also, but is not showing in Process Subtree. Pls help me.

With Regards,

Rajeshkumar

Hi rajeshkumar_mdm,

This is the announcement forum! Most active members, that will be able to answer your question, are found on the MDM forum. It is located here: http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=22

Best,
Pcoffre.

#8 2012-02-27 17:25:28

jdu
1 post

jdu said:

Hi Talend, I'm a new user and I have installed the version 5. I'm trying to us the tutorial "How to call a job from talend open studio for MDM". To perform this tutorial, it's necessary to import a zip file containg a process named CallTOSJobTemplate. But the file name is 064.zip and when I try to import it in Open Studio I receive a message "Nothing was found to import. Are you sure this is a repository export ? ...... Is it possible to find tutorial for the version 5 ? Or is it possible to import the file "CallTOSJobTemplate.zip" as indicated in the tutorial ? Thanks for your response.

#9 2012-02-28 13:00:54

pcoffre
785 posts

pcoffre said:

Hi jdu,

You might want to ask your question on this forum: http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=16
That's where most of our team will be able to see your question and give you an answer about the tutorial.

Hope this helped,
Best,
Pcoffre.

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy