You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2008-07-15 23:26:42

BenBor
4 posts

BenBor said:

[resolved] Installation

I am trying to install the profiler on my Windows XP desktop.
I have extracted the Profiler files.
I have installed Java and Perl and rebooted.
Is there anything I need to do?
When I click on the TalendOpenProfiler-win32-x86.exe, I see the Talend logo for a fraction of a second and that's it.

What am I doing wrong?
And, is there an installation guide?

#2 2008-07-30 10:48:38

scorreia
Talend Team

scorreia said:

Re: [resolved] Installation

Hi Benbor,

sorry for this late answer, but I was in holiday.
you can find the installation guide here: http://talendforge.org/wiki/doku.php?id … tion_guide

but you seem to have requirements fulfilled.

Is your OS a 64bit or 32bit version? maybe that could be the reason of your problem.
Otherwise, you should open a console and try to execute it from the console. It could give more information about the crash.

Thank you for your support,
Sebastiao Correia.

#3 2008-08-01 04:24:34

BenBor
4 posts

BenBor said:

Thanks for your response; it helped me to solve the problem.
What happened was that I have Oracle client installed on my machine, using Java 1.4.  Oracle sets up the PATH variable to point to its Java library, so even though I installed Java 1.6 JRE, when I ran the profiler it found Java 1.4 and would work.
I had to change the PATH variable manually (using the control panel) and add a reference to the 1.6 library BEFORE the Oracle reference.  This resolved the problem and I am now running the profiler happily.

Time to check it and start posting my experience wink

#4 2008-08-01 09:30:02

scorreia
Talend Team

scorreia said:

Hi BenBor

Thanks for the information. What you did is a solution.
But if you cannot (or don't want to) change the PATH variable, it is possible to specify the JVM to be used by TOP.
Simply edit the TalendOpenProfiler-XXX.ini corresponding to your system and add the following 2 lines at the beginning of the file:
-vm
C:/usr/bin/java.exe
Be sure to write them on 2 lines, not on one line.

Thank you for your support,
Sebastiao Correia.

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy