You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2008-07-29 15:22:37

kasper.sorensen
2 posts

kasper.sorensen said:

Not exactly the first OS data profiler...

Hi guys,

Glad to see that there's an increasing interest in data quality and data profiling but your recent campaign titled "the first open source data profiler" lead me to point out that this is not the case. There are several other open source data profilers, eg:

* DataCleaner (www.eobjects.dk/datacleaner - the most advanced one I believe)
* Arrah Tech's Aggregate Profiler (http://www.arrah.in/ - they where actually the first, but has kinda slowed down)

I represent DataCleaner myself and I'm watching with eager what you guys put together. Maybe we should consider working together on some of the parts...

#2 2008-07-30 10:41:38

scorreia
Talend Team

scorreia said:

Re: Not exactly the first OS data profiler...

Hi kasper.sorensen,

Thanks for your interest in TOP. I agree with your remark on our campaign title but I will not comment on this.

I knew about Arrah Tech's Aggregate Profiler and I found that we could do better.
I am not sure I knew your product before. Thanks for the link. It seems to be a young product (first release in February 2008?) and I was already working on Talend Open Profiler at this time.

I had a look yesterday at the screencast and downloaded it today. I find the interface very clean and intuitive and the main functionalities are present.
If you are interested in working with us on some parts, you can contact me by e-mail.

Thank you for your support,
Sebastiao Correia.

#3 2008-07-30 15:45:00

kasper.sorensen
2 posts

kasper.sorensen said:

Re: Not exactly the first OS data profiler...

Email sent smile I believe there are a number of items that we can collaborate on. Our first release was in february yes, and we've had a couple of releases with major changes since then so we're moving quite fast. I began working on it back in october 2007, back then I didn't know of any other profilers than Aggregate Profiler either - so I decided it would be a great place to improve OS BI, which is the goal of eobjects.dk.

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy