You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2008-11-14 14:43:22

DawMatt
2 posts

DawMatt said:

Configuring SQLite3/JDBC support?

Hi,

Is there anyway to profile an SQLite3 database using TOP?  There are ODBC and JDBC drivers available so if native SQLite3 support can't be configured then this is an alternative connection path available.  I noticed that TOS supports SQLite so I was hoping there was some way to use this in TOP as well.

While SQLite3 may not be a high volume request for TOP I would have expected JDBC to be.  Also SQLite is used in a lot of consumer applications (e.g. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Elements), and would be a simple way to distribute data with tutorials for TOP, so there should be some interest in this feature.

Is there some way I could configure this now?  Or this a feature currently being worked upon?

Thanks,
Matt

#2 2008-11-14 15:02:44

scorreia
Talend Team

scorreia said:

Re: Configuring SQLite3/JDBC support?

Hi Matt,

New database support currently needs to be coded, because the generated SQL queries vary on the different databases. Up to now, nobody has asked for SQLLite3 support.
I suggest that you report an issue in our bugtracker http://www.talendforge.org/bugs/my_view_page.php : Project Talend Open Profiler, category: database support.
Then you'll be automatically informed when this feature is implemented.

We'll add support for generic ODBC in the next release. See [Bug] 5327

Thank you for your support,
Sebastiao Correia.

#3 2008-11-14 22:45:45

DawMatt
2 posts

DawMatt said:

Hi,

Added to bugtrack: [Bug] 5669

Also added a JDBC feature request: [Bug] 5670

> New database support currently needs to be coded, because the generated SQL queries vary on the different databases
You've noted that you will be adding ODBC support.  Does that mean that you will no longer need to generate SQL queries specific to each database type?  That would really help with the speed of adding new database support.

Thanks,
Matt

PS A request for SQLite database support was embedded within [Bug] 4434 .

#4 2008-11-17 09:57:33

scorreia
Talend Team

scorreia said:

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the feature requests.

About the ODBC support, we'll still need to generate specific SQL queries. But some of the queries are generic enough to be run on almost any DBMS. This means that the user could already do some data profiling without using specific indicator definitions (= SQL query).
Then for the case when an indicator cannot be run on a DBMS, we'll have to provide a way for the user to define his own query for that particular indicator.

Another possibility is to use java to compute the indicators. The drawback is of course that the performances will suffer. But it has other advantages such as the genericity across the different databases.
All these features are interesting, but the development priorities are not completely fixed for the next release yet.

Thank you for your support,
Sebastiao Correia.

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy