You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2016-09-03 16:58:00

demou
1 post

demou said:

Unable to connect to Ms SQL Server

I have spent two days trying to connect to Ms SQL  ,using SQL 2012 but I have check that  Talend is still supporting SQL Server 2012 but after putting the required settings still getting :

... 9 more      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)      at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:184)      at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsConnection.<init>(JtdsConnection.java:371)      at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.login(TdsCore.java:632)      at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2421)      at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(TdsCore.java:2988)      at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:372)  Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user 'STEVENMURHLA\steven'.      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$46.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$46.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3173)      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:315)      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1089)      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)  java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user 'STEVENMURHLA\steven'.Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.

#2 2016-09-04 00:09:14

Jmelton
6 posts

Jmelton said:

Re: Unable to connect to Ms SQL Server

Have you confirmed that the user/pass you are using works?  Have you been able to use that user/pass combination to log in from outside of Talend?

I ask because of this:

java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user 'STEVENMURHLA\steven'.Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.

If I saw that error, the first thing I would do is try to log in with a SQL tool (SQL Workbench or something) so I could confirm that it's a Talend problem and not a DB-side thing.  

If the connection worked outside of Talend, I would next compare my configuration for the Talend component to the configuration in my SQL tool to make absolutely certain that I didn't misconfigure. 

If I still had issues, my next stop would be to ensure Talend has the right driver for SQL Server 2012 (I'm not sure if you have to manually provide it for SQL Server or not, but for some DB types you do, and the problem might be that you grabbed the wrong one or something).

If I went through all that and still had issues, well, I'd probably be posting on this forum too, haha.  Good luck!

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy