You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2009-01-27 00:17:57

mdahlman
8 posts

mdahlman said:

Trouble getting started -- downloading translations

Tags: [babili]

Hi all,

I'm confused about how to get started using the translations on Babili. I'd like to take the translations that have been done for Spanish and see them in my local TOS instance.

How do I download them?
Once I get them, where do I put them?

Regards,
Matt

#2 2009-01-27 07:37:57

Volker Brehm
1139 posts

Volker Brehm said:

Re: Trouble getting started -- downloading translations

Hi Matt,

I think the translations will be shipped with one of the next releases to all users. There is no way (until now) to export it and use it locally.

Bye
Volker

#3 2009-01-27 17:44:28

mdahlman
8 posts

mdahlman said:

Volker,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. It seems an important feature to allow users to have immediate use of the translations. Where would be the correct place to list this enhancement request? I went to the bug tracker, but it does not include Babili as one of the projects.

Regards,
Matt

#4 2009-01-27 20:28:05

Volker Brehm
1139 posts

Volker Brehm said:

Hi Matt,

the BugTracker would be the right tool. I would say use GUI or unknown as topic.

I think exporting the data out of Babili and import into a local distribution would be tricky (and somehow limited, for example compatible versions) but possible. But I don't know any details ...

On the other side there is actual no information how and in which time the translation would be available to the community.

Bye
Volker

#5 2009-01-27 20:56:51

plegall
Talend Team

plegall said:

If you have any request (feature or bug) concerning Babili the right place is the bugtracker, in the "talendforge.org" project, with category "babili".

esabot is on vacation this week, and she's in charge of the translation coordination. So I will try to give answers as accurate as possible, esabot will confirm when she comes back.

mdahlman wrote:

It seems an important feature to allow users to have immediate use of the translations.

This is absolutely right, we have to create a process to make the translation you submit in Babili visible in your Talend Open Studio as quickly as possible. As said by Volker, importing in a local distribution is a bit tricky, because language files are dispatched in many directories. There is not a single file with all translated strings.

To summarize: we don't have the "export & load locally" process available, but we are working on it. If you have any suggestion, on a user/translator side, we would be happy to hear it :-)

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy