You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2016-11-24 09:17:42

DL001
49 posts

DL001 said:

Save All fails with error

When I try to save my analysis, I'm getting the following error:

Save All Failed
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ClobImpl

Can anyone advise? Thanks

#2 2016-11-24 09:51:25

scorreia
Talend Team

scorreia said:

Re: Save All fails with error

Hi,
what kind of database are you connected to? Which version?
What's the type of data?
Given the error, it's looks like there is a problem with analysis on CLOB data. Can you confirm?

Thank you for your support,
Sebastiao Correia.

#3 2016-11-24 11:45:10

DL001
49 posts

DL001 said:

It's SQL Server 2012
Columns analysed are:
- UniqueIdentifier
- Numeric
- Varchar(max)
- Varchar(n)
No Clobs

The only thing I noticed was that analyses of a Numeric(23, 0) column failed; there is a CAST truncation in a lovely hard-back query:

SELECT 
     TOP 10  REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE( CAST("<ColumnName>" AS CHAR(20)) ,'a','a'),'b','a'),'c','a'),'d','a'),'e','a'),'f','a'),'g','a'),'h','a'),'i','a'),'j','a'),'k','a'),'l','a'),'m','a'),'n','a'),'o','a'),'p','a'),'q','a'),'r','a'),'s','a'),'t','a'),'u','a'),'v','a'),'w','a'),'x','a'),'y','a'),'z','a'),'A','A'),'B','A'),'C','A'),'D','A'),'E','A'),'F','A'),'G','A'),'H','A'),'I','A'),'J','A'),'K','A'),'L','A'),'M','A'),'N','A'),'O','A'),'P','A'),'Q','A'),'R','A'),'S','A'),'T','A'),'U','A'),'V','A'),'W','A'),'X','A'),'Y','A'),'Z','A'),'0','9'),'1','9'),'2','9'),'3','9'),'4','9'),'5','9'),'6','9'),'7','9'),'8','9'),'9','9') 
    , COUNT(*) c 
FROM Table t  
GROUP BY REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE( CAST("<ColumnName>" AS CHAR(20)) ,'a','a'),'b','a'),'c','a'),'d','a'),'e','a'),'f','a'),'g','a'),'h','a'),'i','a'),'j','a'),'k','a'),'l','a'),'m','a'),'n','a'),'o','a'),'p','a'),'q','a'),'r','a'),'s','a'),'t','a'),'u','a'),'v','a'),'w','a'),'x','a'),'y','a'),'z','a'),'A','A'),'B','A'),'C','A'),'D','A'),'E','A'),'F','A'),'G','A'),'H','A'),'I','A'),'J','A'),'K','A'),'L','A'),'M','A'),'N','A'),'O','A'),'P','A'),'Q','A'),'R','A'),'S','A'),'T','A'),'U','A'),'V','A'),'W','A'),'X','A'),'Y','A'),'Z','A'),'0','9'),'1','9'),'2','9'),'3','9'),'4','9'),'5','9'),'6','9'),'7','9'),'8','9'),'9','9') 
ORDER BY c DESC

But I fail to see why this would cause my application a error and crash.

#4 2016-11-24 14:37:57

DL001
49 posts

DL001 said:

It appears this may be a bug - Talend is trying to view VARCHAR(MAX) as a BLOB? Surely I am not the first person who is analysing unbound VARCHAR columns in SQL Server...?

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy