You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2016-12-14 20:17:18

girish.mallula
3 posts

girish.mallula said:

Print a message for every x milliseconds in talend DI

Tags: [, timer]

I am new to talend !!
I have large data for a file/database after processing for 1000 milliseconds I wanted to give a msg/email notification to console or mail. What kind of components can i use plz suggest me or give any ref links??
Thanks in advance!!

#2 2016-12-15 09:20:59

xdshi
Talend Team

xdshi said:

Re: Print a message for every x milliseconds in talend DI

Hi,
Here is a tFlowMeterCatcher component which can catches the processing volumetric from the tFlowMeter component and passes them on to the output component.
There is one column called "Count" on the schema of tFlowMeterCatcher which counts the no. of records pass by the specify flow.
Your job should be:input-->tflowmeter-->output
                            tflowmetercatcher-->tlogrow

In addition, talend administration center provides Real time statistics module which allows you to view the task execution statistics directly in the Administration Center.
TalendHelpCenter:Collecting+the+Job+execution+statistics
Best regards
Sabrina

What we can do is to make sure that Talend will be your best choice!

#3 2016-12-15 20:26:35

girish.mallula
3 posts

girish.mallula said:

Here my problem is not the count of row but  "Time of processing by those row". My scenario is if my job running for 20 min i have to send a notification for every 5 min. But i can use "tSleep" component but it is taking too much load on the system. I wanted to know if there is any alternative solution for this problem

#4 2016-12-16 11:20:28

xdshi
Talend Team

xdshi said:

Hi,

You want this to be handle during the flow? If so, you can simply add a tJavaRow or tJavaFlex to increment a counter and act on the value of that counter.
I mean if (count > threshold){ throw new Exception("with proper message")}.

Best regards
Sabrina

What we can do is to make sure that Talend will be your best choice!

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy