You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2017-03-17 18:27:38

archenroot
237 posts

archenroot said:

Talend ESB OS 6.3.1.20161216_1026 doesn't build route as SpringBoot

Hi guys,
I started building Mesos stack for dockerized microservices (camel async routes, sync rest API) deployment (Marathon, Chronos, Metronome, Zookeeper with Consul for service discovery), and there has been introduced export to SpringBoot instead of Karaf OSGi bundle. There is official Talend video introducing this feature at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IxgRS2jRvU
Problem is that with version Talend ESB OS 6.3.1.20161216_1026 I see still only Karaf as the only option even after following the video:
- switching maven to online mode
Is it still there or has been removed or is only relevant to Enterprise Edition? It is not mentioned in video.
Thank you.

Emperor wants to control outer space Yoda wants to explore inner space that's the fundamental difference between good and bad sides of the Force

#2 2017-03-17 18:45:16

tsteinborn
Talend Team

tsteinborn said:

Re: Talend ESB OS 6.3.1.20161216_1026 doesn't build route as SpringBoot

Hi Ladislav,
yes, SpringBoot packaging is only a commercial feature. I'd love to have a conversation with you though. You mind if I reach out to you on your personal email address?
Thomas

#3 2017-03-17 19:01:53

archenroot
237 posts

archenroot said:

Actually we have enterprise version of Talend ESB, but 6.1.1, where this is not available and I tested on 6.3, but open source. I will request latest enterprise version and will test. 
The Mesos framework is really powerful(I am in the moment prototyping dockerize every application company, having already docker for Talend ESB runtime itself, but interested to throw away the runtime completely and go in pure microservice way by dockerize the SpringBoot package and deploy with Mesos by Jenkins pipelines
The only issue I see is that it drives me into situation of replacing lot of Talend ESB Enterprise functionality, will need to find some compromise about this.

Emperor wants to control outer space Yoda wants to explore inner space that's the fundamental difference between good and bad sides of the Force

#4 2017-03-17 19:03:31

archenroot
237 posts

archenroot said:

Regarding my email, it is visible under my registered account.

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy