You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2014-08-24 23:55:26

sk_19
21 posts

sk_19 said:

[resolved] Talend Big Data Sandbox Hortonworks-Vmware: NETWORKING DISABLED issue

Hi! I m having 3 issues with Talend Big Data Sandbox Hortonworks-Vmware:

1. After complete installation, the sandbox runs fine, I can run jobs, log on to ambari, hue but once I suspend the VM, and try to load it again a few hours later, the network is disabled so I can neither login Ambari, nor can I open Hue. (screen shot attached) Why the network is disabled and cannot be enabled again??

2. When the network icon is shown disabled, then a BUG/Error message appears (see attachment)

3. I m not able to set time of talend. Its lagging behind 12 hours.

anyone can help?? :-(

mini_problem.png_20140825-0056.png

Last edited by sk_19 (2014-08-24 23:56:28)

#2 2014-08-25 02:35:42

mbalkenende
Talend Team

mbalkenende said:

Re: [resolved] Talend Big Data Sandbox Hortonworks-Vmware: NETWORKING DISABLED issue

Two issues here:

First, you should not suspend the server, you should shut it down and restart the vm every time. If you reboot the network issues should go away.  To shutdown on the Hortonworks VM under the "System" Menu click on "Log Out Talend" it will ask to Logout click on logout.  it will automaticly re-log you in and when you click on the "System" menu a second time you will see the shutdown option.  It may ask for the root password which is  "hadoop".  Or you can just go to the command line on a terminal and su to root then give the shutdown command.  "shutdown -h now"

The second issue/error you are displaying in the image is not related to the network issue.  It appears the yum repos need to be clear.  Open a terminal window and issue the following command.  (This error will have no impact on Hortonworks or Talend.)
yum clean dbcache

Last edited by mbalkenende (2014-08-25 02:36:22)

#3 2014-08-25 07:49:44

sk_19
21 posts

sk_19 said:

Re: [resolved] Talend Big Data Sandbox Hortonworks-Vmware: NETWORKING DISABLED issue

thanks a lot Talend team, for solving my problem. I followed your instruction and its working now.
Regards,
Sumbul Khan

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy