You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2014-03-07 08:03:53

Mouses
7 posts

Mouses said:

Source compiler

Tags: [deployment]

Hey guys,

Just a thanks ahead of time for being so active and useful on these forums, I've found them hugely insightful!

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this. I've got a Talend Route which I need to export. Basically I'm trying to write a script which will retrieve my source code files from git, and build them into a karaf file (.kar) so that I can deploy them in the karaf container.
So far I've got everything working apart from how I can compile the source code into the .kar file without having to open up TOS and build the route itself.
I was wondering if anyone knew what talend actually does (like what methods it might invoke in eclipse that I can have a look at) to compile the files into the .kar or has any ideas on an alternative approach?

Thanks

#2 2014-03-08 20:08:39

rogierlommers
136 posts

rogierlommers said:

Re: Source compiler

This is exactly what I'm looking for... since TOS is open source and TOS is able to convert those .properties files (the project files) into java and even into a binary, how does this work? Can we automate this?

#3 2014-03-15 15:51:58

Mouses
7 posts

Mouses said:

Anyone have any ideas?

#4 2014-04-21 09:37:06

xldai
Talend Team

xldai said:

Hi,

Karaf provides a maven plugin named features-maven-plugin which can be used to create a kar file, you can define this plugin in your pom.xml (in case you're using maven), for example:

{code}
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.karaf.tooling</groupId>
                <artifactId>features-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>${karaf.version}</version>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>create-kar</id>
                        <phase>package</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>create-kar</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <featuresFile>target/classes/features.xml</featuresFile>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>
{code}

Last edited by xldai (2014-04-21 09:38:41)

#5 2014-08-25 17:05:48

bramh

bramh said:

What are all the steps required to generate .kar file externally with Talend route files(*.items, *.properties and *.screenshot).

#6 2014-08-27 19:33:26

bramha

bramha said:

rogierlommers wrote:

This is exactly what I'm looking for... since TOS is open source and TOS is able to convert those .properties files (the project files) into java and even into a binary, how does this work? Can we automate this?

Hi,
Can you please let me know whether you got any answers on this topic and required steps to follow to generate source code from *.item,  *.properties and *.screenshot for talend route and job. 
Thanks,
Brahma

#7 2014-08-27 19:58:35

bramha

bramha said:

xldai wrote:

Hi,

Karaf provides a maven plugin named features-maven-plugin which can be used to create a kar file, you can define this plugin in your pom.xml (in case you're using maven), for example:

{code}
           <plugin>
               <groupId>org.apache.karaf.tooling</groupId>
               <artifactId>features-maven-plugin</artifactId>
               <version>${karaf.version}</version>
               <executions>
                   <execution>
                       <id>create-kar</id>
                       <phase>package</phase>
                       <goals>
                           <goal>create-kar</goal>
                       </goals>
                       <configuration>
                           <featuresFile>target/classes/features.xml</featuresFile>
                       </configuration>
                   </execution>
               </executions>
           </plugin>
{code}

Hi,

Can you please let me know the required steps to follow to generate source code from *.item,  *.properties and *.screenshot for talend route and job. 

Thanks,
Brahma

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy