You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2008-09-26 09:13:57

mwalker

mwalker said:

Point in polygon test

Hello

Is there any way to test if a point is inside a polygon? I am looking for functionality similar to ST_Contains in PostGIS.

I tried using sNeighborFinder, but there is still the issue with the unattachable second row input, so I could not test it this way.

Thanks in advance

#2 2008-09-26 09:40:01

mcoudert
55 posts

mcoudert said:

Re: Point in polygon test

Hi,

Try to use GeoOperation in Routines.
You have INTERSECTS, TOUCHES, CROSSES, CONTAINS, WITHIN, COVERS, COVEREDBY, DISJOINT and OVERLAPS methods. These methods can be used in a tMap as filters or as join conditions.

Hope that help,

Mathieu

#3 2008-09-26 11:30:43

Fxp
193 posts

Fxp said:

Re: Point in polygon test

Hello, as mentionned by Mathieu GeoOperations help doing intersection.

Add a tMap, connect your 2 input flows then create a join to intersect first and second input.
In one input (eg. row3), click the « activate filter expression » button.
Click in the expression filter section, and set the join « GeoOperation.INTERSECTS(row2.the_geom , row3.the_geom) » (use CTRL+SPACE to turn on autocompletion), then drag & drop the output column to the right.

I'm currently working on a simple tutorial for FOSS4G next week and will illustrate that point and make the slides availables on the website.

Ciao.

Francois

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy