You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2015-08-13 15:45:57

shong
Talend Team

shong said:

For test only, Talend Open Studio's 6.1.0 M1 release is available

Dear Community,

We are pleased to announce that Talend Open Studio's 6.1.0 M1 release is available, for testing only. This milestone contains new features and bug fixes, and is recommended for experienced users who need an early preview of upcoming 6.1 release.
Download Talend Open Studio for [Data Integration | Big Data | Data Quality | MDM | ESB]'s first milestone:
Big Data: http://www.talend.com/download/talend-open-studio
Data Quality: http://www.talend.com/download/talend-open-studio#t2
ESB: http://www.talend.com/download/talend-open-studio#t3
Data Integration: http://www.talend.com/download/talend-open-studio#t4
BPM: http://www.talend.com/download/talend-o … s_download
MDM: http://www.talend.com/download/talend-open-studio#t6

Thanks for being a part of our community
The Talend Team

Email:shong@talend.com
Choose Talend, Enjoy Talend!
New & Event: Talend Help Center
Talend-->the global leader of open source data management and application integration solutions!

#2 2015-08-18 13:16:48

chuma
9 posts

chuma said:

Re: For test only, Talend Open Studio's 6.1.0 M1 release is available

Can't build job. 
I have a routine, where following import:

import org.slf4j.Logger;
import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;

When try to build job, nothing happend. In the error log panel the following errors:

2015-08-18 15:09:22,237 ERROR org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR : 
[ERROR] C:\work\TOS_DI-20150812_1515-V6.1.0M1\workspace\.Java\src\main\java\routines\Params.java:[17,16] error: package org.slf4j does not exist
[ERROR] C:\work\TOS_DI-20150812_1515-V6.1.0M1\workspace\.Java\src\main\java\routines\Params.java:[18,16] error: package org.slf4j does not exist
[ERROR] C:\work\TOS_DI-20150812_1515-V6.1.0M1\workspace\.Java\src\main\java\routines\Params.java:[23,16] error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR]   symbol:   class Logger
[ERROR] C:\work\TOS_DI-20150812_1515-V6.1.0M1\workspace\.Java\src\main\java\routines\system\BufferedOutput.java:[67,100] GetPropertyAction is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
[ERROR] C:\work\TOS_DI-20150812_1515-V6.1.0M1\workspace\.Java\src\main\java\routines\Params.java:[23,29] error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile (default-compile) on project routines: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] C:\work\TOS_DI-20150812_1515-V6.1.0M1\workspace\.Java\src\main\java\routines\Params.java:[17,16] error: package org.slf4j does not exist
[ERROR] C:\work\TOS_DI-20150812_1515-V6.1.0M1\workspace\.Java\src\main\java\routines\Params.java:[18,16] error: package org.slf4j does not exist
[ERROR] C:\work\TOS_DI-20150812_1515-V6.1.0M1\workspace\.Java\src\main\java\routines\Params.java:[23,16] error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol:   class Logger
[ERROR] location: class Params
[ERROR] C:\work\TOS_DI-20150812_1515-V6.1.0M1\workspace\.Java\src\main\java\routines\SqlFormat.java:[11,52] DayDV is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
[ERROR] C:\work\TOS_DI-20150812_1515-V6.1.0M1\workspace\.Java\src\main\java\routines\system\BufferedOutput.java:[67,100] GetPropertyAction is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
[ERROR] C:\work\TOS_DI-20150812_1515-V6.1.0M1\workspace\.Java\src\main\java\routines\Params.java:[23,29] error: cannot find symbol
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] 
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :routines

In the studio, job work well.
When remove the import, then i can build job. 

#3 2015-08-19 16:58:42

agathe.marque
6 posts

agathe.marque said:

Hello,
Here some feedbacks on the first uses of Talend Open Studio for Big Data V6.1.0M1
- Admin rights seem unfortunately to be required (same issue with V6.0.0)
- Issue (?) with some Cassandra V2/Datastax components : tCassandraConnection and tCassandraInput
    --> keyspace is now defined in tCassandraInput (instead of tCassandraConnection) but it is not taken into account.
If it is not an issue, is it possible to have some hints to use keyspace in the new tCassandraInput ?

Thank you,
am

#4 2015-08-21 11:52:08

esabot
Talend Team

esabot said:

@chuma: is it the only Job that fails? Does your routine work in previous version of Talend?
@agathe.marque: can you clarify what you mean by "admin rights"? what are you trying to do that TOS for BD doesn't allow you to?

Follow Talend on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook.

#5 2015-08-21 12:19:38

agathe.marque
6 posts

agathe.marque said:

Hello,
Actually with TOS for BD V6.1.0M1, I need to run it as administrator (same issue with V6.0.0).
My user account has no full administrator rights.
I have configured the Talend environment with user directories (installation and workspace) but it is not possible to run any job without admin rights.
When I run Talend
- without admin rights: I have an error message like "impossible to load main class" when running a job, and many problems when downloading jar (MAVEN) etc...
- with admin rights: downloads of jar are OK, builds are OK and jobs are running...

This issue is really blocking for us, could you said us when a corrective version will be available ?

Thanks a lot,
Agathe

#6 2015-08-24 03:47:10

xdshi
Talend Team

xdshi said:

Hi Agathe,

Could you please try to modify maven_user_settings.xml file(configuration/maven_user_settings.xml) to add a local Repository parameter?
Please see my screenshot as below.

Feel free to let us know if it is Ok with you.

Best regards
Sabrina

mini_1.png_20150824-0446.png

What we can do is to make sure that Talend will be your best choice!

#7 2015-08-24 18:36:50

agathe.marque
6 posts

agathe.marque said:

Hello,
No, this change doesn't solve the issue.

I have set the path for the MAVEN local repository to $user_home/.m2/repository.
But I still need to run Talend "as administrator" to have an update of the jars by MAVEN.
Is it possible that TALEND/MAVEN writes in "windows registry" or in "C:/Program Files" directory ?

Thanks a lot for your support.

#8 2015-08-27 13:36:17

chuma
9 posts

chuma said:

esabot wrote:

@chuma: is it the only Job that fails? Does your routine work in previous version of Talend?

Yes, in TOS 5.6.2 all work fine

#9 2015-08-28 03:31:13

shong
Talend Team

shong said:

Hi Chuma 
We are now investigating the problem to see if it is a bug, can you please email me your job with the routine for testing? and provide the environment information such as JDK verison, OS.
Best regards
Shong

Email:shong@talend.com
Choose Talend, Enjoy Talend!
New & Event: Talend Help Center
Talend-->the global leader of open source data management and application integration solutions!

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy