You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2008-10-01 06:03:59

Ian McGowan

Ian McGowan said:

Question about using TOP with SQL Server

Tags: [mssql]

I have a read-only login to a MS SQL Server database.  I can connect, and the various databases on the server show up in DB Connections.

The problem is when I try to do an analysis.  The queries seem to be failing due to how the connection is being made to mssql.

If I right click on a table and choose "Preview Table" I get an invalid object error.  The SQL is

select * from dbo.Heat.Activity

If I change this to

select * from Heatdb.Activity

Everything is fine.  Is there a way to ask TOP to use heatdb as the schema name, rather than the default dbo.Heat?  It may very well be a problem on the mssql side - it's not my usual bag, baby.  Honest!

Thanks,
Ian

#2 2008-10-01 08:48:40

scorreia
Talend Team

scorreia said:

Re: Question about using TOP with SQL Server

Hi Ian,

The query "select * from dbo.Heat.Activity" seems strange to me (but my experience with MSSQL is almost null). What is "Heat" in this query?
In your second query, you wrote "Heatdb.Activity". Are "Heat" and "Heatdb" the same thing? Is it just a typo error, or are they really different?

Apart from this, I'm affraid this is a bug in the "preview table" menu, not in MSSQL.

For the analyses, you can see each executed query in the error log view: "Window > Show view > General > Error Log". But it seems to me that you will get the same kind of query.

I suggest that you open a bug issue on our bugtracker (http://www.talendforge.org/bugs/my_view_page.php) and this will be fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support,
Sebastiao Correia.

#3 2008-10-02 10:56:47

scorreia
Talend Team

scorreia said:

Re: Question about using TOP with SQL Server

Hi Ian,

I have created two issues: [Bug] 5307 and [Bug] 5311

Thank you for your support,
Sebastiao Correia.

Board footer