You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2008-07-01 17:58:16

Tim_Huckabay
4 posts

Tim_Huckabay said:

[resolved] []Hw I upat TOP mtaata aft chang t atab chma?

I created connection to Oracle 10gR2 database and TOP collected metadata. Then schema changed (new tables and views created, some modified) but TOP shows metadata from the first time I connected, doesn't have a tool that I can find for collecting new metadata. How do I analyze the new / changed schema objects?

Environment: TOP 1.0.0RC1, Win XP Pro 2002 SP2, Java 6.6/1.6, Oracle 10gR2

Thanks for any advice!

Tim
Data Architect
BI Solutions at Northwestern University

#2 2008-07-02 08:48:17

scorreia
Talend Team

scorreia said:

Re: [resolved] []Hw I upat TOP mtaata aft chang t atab chma?

This bug has been reported: [Bug] 4300
Currently, the only way is to create another connection.

Thank you for your support,
Sebastiao Correia.

#3 2008-07-02 16:09:06

Tim_Huckabay
4 posts

Tim_Huckabay said:

Thanks for the update.

BTW, the metadata refresh is not a trivial task, because of its potential effect on saved analyses. The profiler (me) would like analysis jobs that can't be re-run because of schema changes to be disabled for RUN, jobs not affected to be run-able, and (nice to have but not as high priority) the ability to copy or modify an analysis definition and fix it up to agree with the modified schema (e.g. remove columns from analysis that have been dropped from table).

It would also be nice to have the most recent time-stamp of the metadata collection from the database connection,
to be a user-visible attribute of the connection in the metadata tree, and its value at the time of analysis creation/modification to be a user-visible attribute of the analysis.

Thanks for an interesting tool with good potential!

Tim
Data Architect
BI Solutions at Northwestern University

#4 2008-07-02 17:59:10

scorreia
Talend Team

scorreia said:

Thanks for your suggestions.
You are absolutely right when you say: "the metadata refresh is not a trivial task". It is a reason why we cannot refresh the metadata in this RC1 version. We are thinking about a way to manage these structural changes, but there is still some work to do before we are ready to include it in a new version.

Sebastiao Correia.

#5 2008-10-10 14:16:50

scorreia
Talend Team

scorreia said:

Next step: [Bug] 5195

Sebastiao Correia.

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy