You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2008-07-02 03:09:42

psm2000
108 posts

psm2000 said:

Reading Excel/Flat Files

Hello,

Another nice product from you guys. I am a regular user of TOS and love it. I just kind of looked around this tool as well as the documentation and could not find any reference to Excel or Flat Files (I saw support for Oracle/MySQL). Is it possible to read these other sources? What about ODBC? I work with lot of files, excel spreadsheets and SQLite and this tool will be really handy.

In any case, a good start for this new product.

Thx
Sean

#2 2008-07-02 08:52:14

scorreia
Talend Team

scorreia said:

Re: Reading Excel/Flat Files

Hi psm2000,

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate.
As I say at [Feature] 4434 flat files won't be supported immediately. We still have a lot of work to enhance this product and to support other databases.

Thank you for your support,
Sebastiao Correia.

#3 2008-11-07 09:37:33

omsatchitanand

omsatchitanand said:

hi, can somebody help me?
i have to finish some urgent task. how can i compare 2 excel sheets and extract the extra values in another
excel sheet?

#4 2008-11-07 10:31:39

scorreia
Talend Team

scorreia said:

omsatchitanand wrote:

hi, can somebody help me?
i have to finish some urgent task. how can i compare 2 excel sheets and extract the extra values in another
excel sheet?

Hi,

What you are asking for in an ETL task. I suggest that you post your question at the Talend Open Studio forum. You will get more answers there.
Here we talk mainly about data profiling.

Thank you for your support,
Sebastiao Correia.

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy