You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2008-11-11 10:30:24

yust

yust said:

Error during analysis MySql database

Hello,

I try to analyse a simple column in a simple table of a MySql database :
  - All simple queries are ok, until the one which check the "duplicate count". Here is the log report

2008-11-11 10:34:56 ColumnAnalysisSqlExecutor  - com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'SELECT ip, COUNT(*) mycount FROM Network.materiel  GROUP BY ip HAVING mycount = ' at line 1

Exception stack trace :
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'SELECT ip, COUNT(*) mycount FROM Network.materiel  GROUP BY ip HAVING mycount = ' at line 1
    at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1027)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:957)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2938)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1601)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1710)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2430)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2359)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Statement.execute(Statement.java:719)
    at org.talend.dq.analysis.ColumnAnalysisSqlExecutor.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
    at org.talend.dq.analysis.ColumnAnalysisSqlExecutor.executeQuery(Unknown Source)
    at org.talend.dq.analysis.ColumnAnalysisSqlExecutor.runAnalysis(Unknown Source)
    at org.talend.dq.analysis.AnalysisExecutor.execute(Unknown Source)
    at org.talend.dq.analysis.AnalysisExecutorSelector.executeAnalysis(Unknown Source)
    at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.action.actions.RunAnalysisAction$1.runInWorkspace(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Session data :
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.5.0_16
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_EN
Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86

Can you help me ?

yust...

#2 2008-11-12 08:07:48

yust

yust said:

Re: Error during analysis MySql database

Hello,

I've done some more tests with this MySQL analysis. The first column I've analysed was a "Big Int", but I've the same trouble with a "varchar" column.
In the second test, the error is slightly different. Actually, the SQL request showed in this error message is shorter than in the first one. It's like it's truncated. Is it a trouble of the error message or a trouble in the SQL request (see below)

Message : 2008-11-12 08:07:42 ColumnAnalysisSqlExecutor  - com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'SELECT nom col, COUNT(*) mycount FROM Network.materiel  m GROUP BY col HAVING my' at line 1

Exception stack trace : com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'SELECT nom col, COUNT(*) mycount FROM Network.materiel  m GROUP BY col HAVING my' at line 1
    at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1027)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:957)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2938)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1601)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1710)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2430)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2359)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Statement.execute(Statement.java:719)
    at org.talend.dq.analysis.ColumnAnalysisSqlExecutor.runAnalysis(Unknown Source)
    at org.talend.dq.analysis.AnalysisExecutor.execute(Unknown Source)
    at org.talend.dq.analysis.AnalysisExecutorSelector.executeAnalysis(Unknown Source)
    at org.talend.dataprofiler.core.ui.action.actions.RunAnalysisAction$1.runInWorkspace(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Thanks for any help.

Yust...

#3 2008-11-13 09:30:57

scorreia
Talend Team

scorreia said:

Which version of TOP do you use? The latest version is the 1.1.1 and has been released last week.
Nevertheless, your error seems strange. It's as if the query is truncated...

Could you fill in a report in our bugtracker with the error log attached, please?
Also, attach the file "workspace/Libraries/.Talend.definition" and tell us which version of MySQL you are using, please.

Thank you for your support,
Sebastiao Correia.

#4 2008-11-13 11:08:06

yust

yust said:

Hello,

bug report : #5647...

Thanks,

Yust.

#5 2008-11-13 11:22:42

scorreia