You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2008-11-10 00:38:49

paulaobrien
2 posts

paulaobrien said:

TOP Multiple Column Analysis Failing with SQL Server

Tags: [bug, error, mssql]

Hi,

I'm a fan of Talend...been using TOS for 18 months now and love it.

I want to start creating services for my clients using TOP.  However, many of my clients are Microsoft users and have SQL Server as their database.  TOP-All-r18328-V1.1.0 appears to be really limited in its support for SQL Server. 

In reviewing my TOP error log, I see that the SQL Server multiple column analysis fails because it creates a SELECT statement with a "LIMIT" clause at the end.  MS SQL does not use a LIMIT keyword at the end of the query; it uses the keyword TOP at the beginning of the query.

Also, my error log implies that the following indicators are not supported for SQL Server in TOP:

"!MESSAGE 2008-11-09 18:19:12 DbmsLanguage  - The indicator SQL expression has not been found for the database type Microsoft SQL Server for the indicatorMode

!MESSAGE 2008-11-09 18:19:12 DbmsLanguage  - The indicator SQL expression has not been found for the database type Microsoft SQL Server for the indicatorFrequency Table

!MESSAGE 2008-11-09 18:19:12 DbmsLanguage  - The indicator SQL expression has not been found for the database type Microsoft SQL Server for the indicatorNull Count

!MESSAGE 2008-11-09 18:19:12 DbmsLanguage  - The indicator SQL expression has not been found for the database type Microsoft SQL Server for the indicatorUnique Count

!MESSAGE 2008-11-09 18:19:12 DbmsLanguage  - The indicator SQL expression has not been found for the database type Microsoft SQL Server for the indicatorDuplicate Count

!MESSAGE 2008-11-09 18:19:12 DbmsLanguage  - The indicator SQL expression has not been found for the database type Microsoft SQL Server for the indicatorMode

!MESSAGE 2008-11-09 18:19:12 DbmsLanguage  - The indicator SQL expression has not been found for the database type Microsoft SQL Server for the indicatorMean

!MESSAGE 2008-11-09 18:19:12 DbmsLanguage  - The indicator SQL expression has not been found for the database type Microsoft SQL Server for the indicatorMedian

!MESSAGE 2008-11-09 18:19:12 DbmsLanguage  - The indicator SQL expression has not been found for the database type Microsoft SQL Server for the indicatorMinimum

!MESSAGE 2008-11-09 18:19:12 DbmsLanguage  - The indicator SQL expression has not been found for the database type Microsoft SQL Server for the indicatorMaximum

!MESSAGE 2008-11-09 18:19:12 DbmsLanguage  - The indicator SQL expression has not been found for the database type Microsoft SQL Server for the indicatorLower Quartile

!MESSAGE 2008-11-09 18:19:12 DbmsLanguage  - The indicator SQL expression has not been found for the database type Microsoft SQL Server for the indicatorUpper Quartile"

Can someone please let me know when this gets entered into bugtracker and when a version of TOP with full support for SQL Server will be released?  I can't use it with the majority of my clients as it exists today so I'm anxious for an update.

Best Regards,

Paula

#2 2008-11-10 10:02:21

scorreia
Talend Team

scorreia said:

Re: TOP Multiple Column Analysis Failing with SQL Server

Hi,

Try the latest version in which (all?) these bugs have been fixed: http://www.talend.com/download.php

For your information, these messages mean that default SQL is generated. It does not mean that all these indicators cannot be computed. They are warning messages not error messages. When an indicator fails to compute, there is an error message.
Nevertheless I agree that these messages are a bit misleading. We've changed them for the next release.

Don't hesitate to use our bugtracker if you find other issues with SQL Server: http://www.talendforge.org/bugs/my_view_page.php .

Thank you for your support,
Sebastiao Correia.

#3 2008-11-14 04:22:44

paulaobrien
2 posts

paulaobrien said:

Thanks for the update!

I'm downloading TOP 1.1.1 now and I'll try it out.

It's great to be part of a community where people are so innovative and responsive! smile

Best Regards,

Paula

#4 2008-11-14 09:55:07

scorreia
Talend Team

scorreia said:

paulaobrien wrote:

It's great to be part of a community where people are so innovative and responsive! smile

Thank you. This kind of comment is really appreciated. cool

Thank you for your support,
Sebastiao Correia.

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy