You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2016-07-08 12:48:34

nikhiltui
14 posts

nikhiltui said:

MDM Data Load - tMDMOutput or tOracleOutput is faster in loading data?

Hi Members,
    I have a requirement to do data loading from Oracle stage tables to final MDM data entities. The MDM is using Oracle database in backend to store the data. So my query is that whether I should use tMDMOutput to load the final master data to MDM from Oracle stage tables or should I use tOracleOutput to load the data into corresponding backend Oracle master table (from stage tables)?
   Yes. there are bulk load and other options to increase the performance but I would like to understand in the case of a normal data load, which option should I choose.
   Thanks in advance for your help and support
Warm Regards,
Nikhil

#2 2016-07-11 12:20:09

nikhiltui
14 posts

nikhiltui said:

Re: MDM Data Load - tMDMOutput or tOracleOutput is faster in loading data?

Hi Talend Experts,
    Could you please guide me?

#3 2016-07-17 12:33:55

asebastianelli
132 posts

asebastianelli said:

you should use the tmdmoutput. You should not bypass you "data governance" layer,never.  This is regardless of the solution (software vendor) used.
What are your requirement, why do need to access the db directly?

#4 2016-07-18 16:29:33

nikhiltui
14 posts

nikhiltui said:

Hi Angelo,
    Thanks for the clarification. I was reading some of the existing jobs and I could see some of them are loading data to the corresponding Oracle table directly (using tOracleOutput) and some are using MDM entity (using tMDMOutput). So I got curious which will be a better strategy which we need to use in long term.
    As per your advice, we will use tMDMOutput to avoid any risk. Thanks for the suggestion.
Warm Regards,
Nikhil

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy