You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2010-02-08 14:45:54

jfjoubert
12 posts

jfjoubert said:

Views not showing in web console

Hi, I can't get the views to show in the web console under "Browse Views".

I did create a couple of views, all of which are accessible from the Talend MDM web service, but they don't show up in the web front-end.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Jean

#2 2010-02-08 14:51:37

avorobyov
30 posts

avorobyov said:

Re: Views not showing in web console

I have the same problem.

#3 2010-02-26 10:14:21

tweber
Talend Team

tweber said:

Hi,

Did you generate the views from the data model (by right-clicking on the Entity and selecting "Generate Views") ? Or did you create them manually?

Be aware that the Views have to be created with a naming convention: Browse_item_<entity-name>

Regards

#4 2010-03-05 09:11:28

jfjoubert
12 posts

jfjoubert said:

Hi,

The views were created using the "Generate default Browse Items Views" from the Data Model. I'm using the CE version, so there's unfortunately no place where I can check or set the access.

Any ideas?

#5 2010-05-11 23:58:43

beercohol
4 posts

beercohol said:

I'm having the same problem. I understand that there are no role-based or ACL security in the community TMDM, so shouldn't that mean that I can get access to these entities and views in the web interface if I log in with any of the default users in TMDM? (Adminstrator, user)??

Currently, I can log in to the web interface, choose a Cluster and Model, pick either "Browse Records" or "Browse Views" from the menu and I'm stuck from there. My Model contains an entity, and my cluster/container has 2500 rows. I created the view with the correct naming convention. However, Neither Views or Entites are visible in the web interface.

#6 2010-05-12 09:06:04

jfjoubert
12 posts

jfjoubert said:

Hi,

Any answer on this? Is this now working in the new version 4?

Regards,
Jean

#7 2010-05-12 14:56:46

beercohol
4 posts

beercohol said:

Hi jfjoubert,

I'm running 4. Downloaded it just this week. So it hasn't been fixed yet. I'm surprised that it is also a problem in a previous version.

It MUST be something simple we need to configure and that doesn't default out of the box. Its different from the Enterprise edition, because that has security you can set. In CE, we simply don't have the functionality to turn it on.

Any help out there? ctoum, come to our rescue!!

#8 2010-05-19 08:25:30

ctoum
Talend Team

ctoum said:

I would be happy to help, but I can't reproduce either. Thomas' suggestion is the only thing I can think of.
Could that be an issue in the model? Please try to import the following file (only 10 downloads). It includes a basic data-model and associated views. Create a data-container for it (or reuse your existing data-container), then try to open in the web as "user". Let us know how it goes.
http://rapidshare.com/files/389057867/Product.zip.html
MD5: 9CCF9CBB8149A26E7F8269303BC5E67B

#9 2010-05-20 12:36:05

ctoum
Talend Team

ctoum said:

We found out there was a bug where you could not browse through a view that had an empty "searchable" section. I don't know how this applies to your issue but just wanted to let you know.

#10 2016-07-20 02:02:11

vravichandran
3 posts

vravichandran said:

How to configure the web server in the MDM perspective. I can always localhost as the only available server. 

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy