You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2012-08-22 18:07:50

shawnling
27 posts

shawnling said:

Creating a new Oracle DB Connection

I'm trying to create a new Metadata DB Connection in Open Studio 5.1.1

DBType: Oracle RAC
Db Version: Oracle 10
Server: DWMARTD2
String of Connection: DWMARTD2

When I click on the "Check" button, I got "Connection Failure.  You must change the Database Settings."  After I click on the "details", I got "impossible to initialize the connection".

I have no problem to connect to the server in TOAD on the same machine.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Shawn

#2 2012-08-23 10:05:52

shong
Talend Team

shong said:

Re: Creating a new Oracle DB Connection

Hi
I tested it on v5.1.1 and it works. You must have some wrong settings, please see my screenshot.

The server URL:
jdbc:oracle:thin:@(description=(address=(protocol=tcp)(host=192.168.30.19)(port=1521))(connect_data=(service_name=talend)))

change it to fit your database.

Email:shong@talend.com
Choose Talend, Enjoy Talend!
New & Event: Talend Help Center
Talend-->the global leader of open source data management and application integration solutions!

#3 2012-08-23 16:50:09

shawnling
27 posts

shawnling said:

Thanks for your quick response, Shong.
I still have a few questions on this one:

1) For the "Server field", do we always need such a long URL?  If so, Talend may change the field label to Server URL instead of "Server".  Otherwise, user may assume it's just a server name.

2) Do we need to specify the exact IP address for the "host"?  Will Open Studio be able resolve a server name to IP address?

3) It seems that the "String of Connection" is always the same as "Server" field.  Do we really need both fields here?

Cheers!

#4 2012-08-24 19:43:49

shawnling
27 posts

shawnling said:

Finally, I figured out the easiest way to find the info based on Shong's suggestion.

I used "tnsping" to get the whole connection string.  Then, you can get all the info you need for the connection setup.

Cheers!

#5 2016-07-21 02:55:14

vravichandran
3 posts

vravichandran said:

I am facing a weird problem.
when I give the connection string as mentioned above and then check, it works fine. After that when i click the connection either in profiling or from MDM the service_name is being empty and the connection fails. 
I dont know why the service_name becomes empty once i come out of the connect screen. Can anyone help me?
Thanks.

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy