You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2016-09-13 21:54:37

mertez
65 posts

mertez said:

Launch a job from a bpm task and mdm documentation

Hi,

I have checked the user guide but the only data exchange mechanism that is covered between workflows and processes is via mdm_context. What I would like to achieve is to create a workflow where user can insert a new mdm record from the custom form (bpm) and then launch a talend job that would validate it. The problem I am facing is a lack of documentation for the following topics:
- general high-level overview of relationships between containers, triggers, processes and workflows
- how to launch a job from a bpm task and return the results back to the bpm workflow/form (probably with talend launcher but I did not know how to make it work..)
- application form development (ex. how to populate a radio button list with data from mdm_context or other sources like webservices)

Any links or documentation are appreciated.

Last edited by mertez (2016-09-13 22:01:58)

#2 2016-09-14 10:16:12

mertez
65 posts

mertez said:

Re: Launch a job from a bpm task and mdm documentation

I have found some videos that describes how to call a web service or talend job from BPM task (link1,link2) but connector options in the video differs from my configuration (check the pic). Should I install any additional connectors?

A problem I am facing is that when using a job launcher no job are listed in the drop down menu and when manually inserting the job a not found exception is thrown. Is this a sign of some security assignment issue for the project?

Thanks

mini_001207.png.pngmini_001206.png.png

#3 2016-09-15 14:52:55

mertez
65 posts

mertez said:

Re: Launch a job from a bpm task and mdm documentation

I have just spoken with Talend support and if I understood correctly BPM part now comes with an open-source licence which means that some connectors from previous versions were removed. The only talend connector available under datafabric 6.1.1 licence is job_launcher that can only run a job which is first build and then manually deployed to the BPM environment. Currently I do not know about further state of connectors  in datafabric version but without appropriate connectivity to DI jobs and ESB webservices the usage of BPM workflows is quite limited.

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy