You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2016-10-18 04:14:22

Maheswari
4 posts

Maheswari said:

Loading Hive table from HDFS throws error

When I try to load a file from HDFS to HIVE using tHiveLoad, I get the following error.
statistics] connecting to socket on port 4082
[statistics] connected
[WARN ]: org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation - No groups available for user hdfs
[WARN ]: org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation - No groups available for user hdfs
FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10028]: Line 1:17 Path is not legal ''/user/TwitterAssgn/tweets_data.log'': Move from: hdfs://192.168.56.102:8020/user/TwitterAssgn/tweets_data.log to: hdfs://sandbox:8020/apps/hive/warehouse/tweets is not valid. Please check that values for params "default.fs.name" and "hive.metastore.warehouse.dir" do not conflict.
[ERROR]: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver - FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10028]: Line 1:17 Path is not legal ''/user/TwitterAssgn/tweets_data.log'': Move from: hdfs://192.168.56.102:8020/user/TwitterAssgn/tweets_data.log to: hdfs://sandbox:8020/apps/hive/warehouse/tweets is not valid. Please check that values for params "default.fs.name" and "hive.metastore.warehouse.dir" do not conflict.
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.SemanticException: Line 1:17 Path is not legal ''/user/TwitterAssgn/tweets_data.log'': Move from: hdfs://192.168.56.102:8020/user/TwitterAssgn/tweets_data.log to: hdfs://sandbox:8020/apps/hive/warehouse/tweets is not valid. Please check that values for params "default.fs.name" and "hive.metastore.warehouse.dir" do not conflict.
      at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.LoadSemanticAnalyzer.applyConstraints(LoadSemanticAnalyzer.java:156)
      at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.LoadSemanticAnalyzer.analyzeInternal(LoadSemanticAnalyzer.java:222)
      at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.BaseSemanticAnalyzer.analyze(BaseSemanticAnalyzer.java:278)
      at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.compile(Driver.java:433)
      at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.compile(Driver.java:337)
      at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:902)
      at org.apache.hadoop.hive.service.HiveServer$HiveServerHandler.execute(HiveServer.java:198)
      at org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.executeQuery(HiveStatement.java:192)
      at org.apache.hadoop.hive.jdbc.HiveStatement.execute(HiveStatement.java:132)
      at twitter_analysis.j4_load_data_tweets_table_0_1.J4_Load_data_Tweets_table.tHiveLoad_1Process(J4_Load_data_Tweets_table.java:607)
      at twitter_analysis.j4_load_data_tweets_table_0_1.J4_Load_data_Tweets_table.tHiveConnection_1Process(J4_Load_data_Tweets_table.java:457)
      at twitter_analysis.j4_load_data_tweets_table_0_1.J4_Load_data_Tweets_table.runJobInTOS(J4_Load_data_Tweets_table.java:991)
      at twitter_analysis.j4_load_data_tweets_table_0_1.J4_Load_data_Tweets_table.main(J4_Load_data_Tweets_table.java:848)
Query returned non-zero code: 10028, cause: FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10028]: Line 1:17 Path is not legal ''/user/TwitterAssgn/tweets_data.log'': Move from: hdfs://192.168.56.102:8020/user/TwitterAssgn/tweets_data.log to: hdfs://sandbox:8020/apps/hive/warehouse/tweets is not valid. Please check that values for params "default.fs.name" and "hive.metastore.warehouse.dir" do not conflict.
[statistics] disconnected
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Djava.vendor="Sun Microsystems Inc."

Job J4_Load_data_Tweets_table ended at 17:49 02/10/2016. [exit code=0]
mini_blob_20161017-2015.png
mini_blob_20161017-2015.png
mini_blob_20161017-2016.png

Last edited by Maheswari (2016-10-18 04:16:26)

#2 2016-10-18 15:55:37

dwilmer
Talend Team

dwilmer said:

Re: Loading Hive table from HDFS throws error

Hi Maheswari,
Are you experiencing this issue within the Big Data Sandbox??  Or is this a general issue you are experiencing in Talend Studio?  This may need to be moved to a different thread so it gets appropriate attention.

#3 2016-10-19 04:09:56

Maheswari
4 posts

Maheswari said:

Hello dwilmer,
I am experiencing error when I use Talend along with the Hortonworks Sandbox.
Please let me know how to move to the appropriate folder.
Thanks.

#4 2016-10-20 18:48:47

dwilmer
Talend Team

dwilmer said:

If I understand you correctly, you have Talend Studio installed on a local PC and you also downloaded a version of the Hortonworks Sandbox from the Hortonworks website.  While I believe it should be possible to use the Hortonworks Sandbox and connect a local installation of Talend Studio to it, it is not something that we support.

If you are trying to assess Talend's capabilities with Hortonworks and Hive, I highly suggest you download the Talend Big Data Sandbox.  In it, you will be able to download/install a Hortonworks Cluster via Docker Container and work through some existing examples within the sandbox that demonstrate Talend and Hive.  You could also build your own job within the sandbox (like the one you referenced above) and test it against the chosen distribution.

The link to download the Talend Big Data Sandbox is:
https://info.talend.com/prodevaltpbdsandbox2-0.html

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy