You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2016-10-26 22:59:20

jbristow
10 posts

jbristow said:

Documentation

We have three projects: Project A; Project B; Project C.
Project C is a "Reference Project" and contains a job that is used by jobs in Project A and in Project B.
Question: Is there any way to generate cross-reference documentation? In other words - can I produce any documentation that says "Job XYZ" in Project C is used in "Job ABC" in Project A and it's used in "Job DEF" in Project B???
The documentation I see can be generated at the Project Level - but doesn't appear to cross projects and create an over-all view of all Talend Projects and how those interact with Reference Projects.

Thank You!

#2 2016-11-01 09:51:15

xdshi
Talend Team

xdshi said:

Re: Documentation

Hi,
Have you already checked document about:TalendHelpCenter:Managing+project+references?
Best regards
Sabrina

What we can do is to make sure that Talend will be your best choice!

#3 2016-11-03 22:09:09

jbristow
10 posts

jbristow said:

Re: Documentation

Yes. I understand the concepts of Project References. I was looking at some way to document a standard job - that is called by many jobs across many projects.
Example:
Job A in Project A.
JOB B in Project B calls Job A.
Job C in Project C calls job A.
Is there anything that can reference Job A is called by Job B and Job C? Since Job B and C reside in different projects - that seems to isolate the documentation and references to specific references - and not something like a Project Catalog that lists all usage.

Thanks.

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy