You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2017-01-05 21:27:16

shashank.shekhar1812
2 posts

shashank.shekhar1812 said:

MSSQL Connection Error

Tags: [bug, mssql]

I started off with Talend 6.3 and was unable to connect to MSSQl I got the following error code:

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1089)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:315)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$46.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3173)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$46.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect
      at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsConnection.<init>(JtdsConnection.java:436)
      at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:184)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)
      ... 9 more
  Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
      at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.waitForConnect(Native Method)
      at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
      at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
      at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
      at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
      at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
      at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
      at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
      at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.createSocketForJDBC3(SharedSocket.java:288)
      at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SharedSocket.<init>(SharedSocket.java:251)
      at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsConnection.<init>(JtdsConnection.java:331)
      ... 12 more

I have checked sql and it is up and running I was even able to establish a connection with the same SQL instance in Excel. I tried everything mentioned in talendforge and today I tried using 6.2.1 with no help. I still get the same error. Please assist

#2 2017-01-06 04:03:42

xdshi
Talend Team

xdshi said:

Re: MSSQL Connection Error

Hi,
What's your sql server version? Is your network Ok with you in your machine? Could you please show us your connection parameters(mask your sensitive data)? Did you create your DB connection in metadata?
Best regards
Sabrina

What we can do is to make sure that Talend will be your best choice!

#3 2017-01-06 06:22:16

Gouthamsj28

Gouthamsj28 said:

What is Db Version in Database Connection Wizard of Talend 6.3?
If iam Select Microsoft , then connection is not establishing.
At the same time if i select Open Source JTDS,the connection establishing Successfully
But in both cases JOb is not Working

#4 2017-01-06 07:52:02

xdshi
Talend Team

xdshi said:

What we can do is to make sure that Talend will be your best choice!

#5 2017-01-06 14:37:30

shashank.shekhar1812
2 posts

shashank.shekhar1812 said:

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio                        11.0.2100.60
Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools                        11.0.2218.0
Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC)                        10.0.14393.0
Microsoft MSXML                        3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 
Microsoft Internet Explorer                        9.11.14393.0

Nothing confidential it is an instance I have on my local machine and am trying to connect to talend 6.3 and 6.2.1 and have failed on both the occasions
Microsoft .NET Framework                        4.0.30319.42000
Operating System                        6.3.14393

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy