You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-17 11:25:32

sri_21
10 posts

sri_21 said:

Version maintenance in Talend Integration Cloud

Hi
In TIC a flow can have multiple versions. After deleting the flow from TIC, the whole job gets deleted in TIC.
Again while publishing the same job in cloud, the default version will be 0.1.0. While running the job its fetching the previous job version 0.1.0 which has been deleted earlier in talend cloud. So the jobs are failing. Whether i'm missing something versions in talend integration cloud. I'm using talend studio for cloud with data quality 6.2.1
Thanks

#2 2017-01-17 11:35:01

aband
Talend Team

aband said:

Re: Version maintenance in Talend Integration Cloud

Hi
Well it should not refer to old artifact.
Can you try to republish again with next version? May be you should make some visible changes to your action/job so that the screenshot will show the changes done. You need to choose the checkbox "Export Action Screenshot" when you publish the action. let us know the results of it.
Thanks

Last edited by aband (2017-01-17 11:35:37)

#3 2017-01-17 11:40:23

jgappert
Talend Team

jgappert said:

Hi 
There are difference between jobs and flows. When you publish a job from the Studio, it creates an Action and a Flow in TIC. 
Deleting the Flow does not delete the Action. Can you be sure that you have deleted everything ? 
Then the goal of Action versions is to avoid deleting and re updating each time there is a new version of the job available. 
Regards
Jean-Guillaume

#4 2017-01-17 14:07:59

sri_21
10 posts

sri_21 said:

HI aband and jean, thanks for your quick reply. I checked the check box in "Export Action Screenshot", it shows the latest version 0.1.0 but while executing the job it is again fetching from the previous version 0.1.0 which I deleted earlier. Whether any cache needed to be cleared before publishing the same job from studio which has been deleted earlier in TIC.

#5 2017-01-17 16:02:45

aband
Talend Team

aband said:

Hi
Let me understand your issue.
1) You publish a job (0.1 version) to TIC 2) You are able to see it in TIC with appropriate version 3) You create a flow using this job 4) You try to execute the flow And here you mean you do not get the changes you did before publishing? 
Or after step 4 you are able to execute the flow without any issues then you make changes into your job in Studio. You publish your changes. Here publishing  would create a new version which will be 0.2 now. The existing flow would not refer to latest version by default you need to replace the job in the flow. It does not happen automatically.
When you see the flow in flowbuilder, there appears the version of the job/action which you are using.
Let us know if it helps.

#6 2017-01-17 17:34:46

sri_21
10 posts

sri_21 said:

Hi aband,
Hi
Let me understand your issue.
1) You publish a job (0.1 version) to TIC 2) You are able to see it in TIC with appropriate version 3) You create a flow using this job 4) You try to execute the flow And here you mean you do not get the changes you did before publishing? - Yes
Here the real issue starts. I delete the already published  flow/job in TIC. I do some changes of the same job in studio and publish it in cloud (0.1 version). If I execute the job/flow it is referring to the previous deleted version (version 0.1). Please let me know the solution.

#7 2017-01-19 13:36:15

aband
Talend Team

aband said:

Hello
Yesterday I tried to reproduce this scenario on my side though I was unsuccessful. 
May be you raise this issue to Talend support and they can look at the problem.

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy