You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2017-02-21 01:59:31

Rasyque

Rasyque said:

Import WSDL Schemas do not work

Import WSDL Schemas does not work. Many users have posted this issue earlier (ID 97271, 49300, etc.) and yet unanswered.
I tried Customer Service example in getting started PDF and faced issue in 6.3.1 Later I tried 6.4.0M1 but didn't work.
There was a bug supposed to be fixed TESB-18388 but it still continues. 
I tried Airport tutorial and imported the project successfully. I saw the service in Metadata->File XML. Then I cleared the metadata and tried importing Airport service. It didn't work. 
There is one post about WSDL must be WS-I compatible. I checked in SoapUI. It shows compatibility. 
1. What is fix of this problem? If the issue is random (somehow importing works for shong, Talend tutors), what is permanent resolution?
2. A workaround seems creating separate request and response XML for input and output respectively. But how to define those XMLs from a WSDL? details steps are needed.
3. in tXMLmap, when we say payload-> Import from repository, why just File XML is given as option? why not Metadata -> Web Service?
Thanks
Rasyque

#2 2017-02-21 03:08:41

shong
Talend Team

shong said:

Re: Import WSDL Schemas do not work

Hi Rasyque

1. Can you upload the WSDL file or email it to me for testing?
3. Selecting 'Import from repository' option, it will let you to import schema from Metadata. I have tested it on version 6.2.1 and it is working. 

Regards
Shong

Email:shong@talend.com
Choose Talend, Enjoy Talend!
New & Event: Talend Help Center
Talend-->the global leader of open source data management and application integration solutions!

#3 2017-02-21 08:25:42

rasyq
6 posts

rasyq said:

Thanks Shong for taking this up.
I have attached a WSDL created as per steps in Getting Started guide. The CustomerService service doesn't import in metadata.
Also I have attached airport WSDL from another tutorial (100.zip) which when tried to Create Service -> Import Existing WSDL with 'Import WSDL schemas on finish' checkbox checked results into a mesg - Populate schema to repository:Error during schema processing.
The related project zip (ESBTutorialProject.zip) for airport imports successfully and shows service in File XML in metadata. When I delete the service in metadata and try 'Import WSDL schemas' for the newly imported service, nothing is imported.
About the #3, alongwith File XML and Talend MDM, a third option 'Web Service' of the metadata should be available.
ESBtutorialProject.zip.zip
CustomerService_0.1.zip.zip
100.zip.zip

Thanks

#4 2017-02-21 08:31:30

rasyq
6 posts

rasyq said:

Reattaching

ESBtutorialProject.zip_20170220-2331.zip100.zip_20170220-2331.zipCustomerService_0.1.zip_20170220-2331.zip

#5 2017-02-21 08:59:00

shong
Talend Team

shong said:

Hi 
Which tutorial are you reading? I think the tutorial might be outdated.
The attachments are not available, can you please send them to me via email? 

shong@talend.com
Regards
Shong

Talend-->the global leader of open source data management and application integration solutions!

#6 2017-02-27 04:58:51

rasyq
6 posts

rasyq said:

I am using TalendOpenStudio_ESB_GettingStarted_6.3.1_EN documentation that comes with 6.3.1
and following steps mentioned in the PDF.
Did you see the WSDL files I sent through email? The WSDL I sent is generated from the steps mentioned in above documentation.
Thanks,
Rasyq

#7 2017-02-28 09:51:29

shong
Talend Team

shong said:

Hi Rasyq

I have tried created a service using an existing WSDL file provided by you, and then import the WSDL schema, it is working, see
mini_1.png_20170228-0049.png

I also import the airport service and run the AirportConsumer job to call the web service, it is working. I am using Talend Open Studio for ESB 6.3.1.

Regards
Shong

#8 2017-02-28 11:08:27

rasyq
6 posts

rasyq said:

Thanks SHong.
As the WSDL is still not working in my Talend ESB Studio, tell me how can I diagnose? debug? see appropriate logs? what levels? Any config setting to check? any Jar to import?
Thanks,
Rasyq

#9 2017-02-28 11:14:02

shong
Talend Team

shong said:

Hi  
Try to see if any log messages generated in the log file when you click the Import WSDL schema option, the log file is located in 
<studio install dir>\workspace\.metadata\.log
Which OS? Java version?

Regards
Shong

#10 2017-03-01 06:08:36

rasyq
6 posts

rasyq said:

Resolved!
I checked in the log and found an error about path. Then I realized that there is a space in the path (I had installed Talend in 'Service Bus' folder). I reinstalled Talend in a folder having name with no spaces. It worked.
Thanks,
Rasyq

!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2017-03-01 09:14:14.371
!MESSAGE 2017-03-01 09:14:14,368 ERROR org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - Error during schema processing

!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Error during schema processing
    at org.talend.repository.services.action.PublishMetadataRunnable$1.run(PublishMetadataRunnable.java:132)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2313)
    at org.talend.repository.services.action.PublishMetadataRunnable.run(PublishMetadataRunnable.java:146)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified
    at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
    at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:1012)
    at org.talend.core.model.properties.impl.ByteArrayImpl.setInnerContentFromFile(ByteArrayImpl.java:165)
    at org.talend.metadata.managment.ui.utils.XsdMetadataUtils.createMetadataFromXSD(XsdMetadataUtils.java:188)
    at org.talend.metadata.managment.ui.utils.XsdMetadataUtils.createMetadataFromXSD(XsdMetadataUtils.java:120)
    at org.talend.repository.services.action.PublishMetadataRunnable.process(PublishMetadataRunnable.java:295)
    at org.talend.repository.services.action.PublishMetadataRunnable.access$3(PublishMetadataRunnable.java:258)
    at org.talend.repository.services.action.PublishMetadataRunnable$1.run(PublishMetadataRunnable.java:130)
    ... 3 more
!SUBENTRY 1 org.talend.repository.services 4 0 2017-03-01 09:14:14.371
!MESSAGE Error during schema processing
!STACK 0
java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified
    at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
    at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:1012)
    at org.talend.core.model.properties.impl.ByteArrayImpl.setInnerContentFromFile(ByteArrayImpl.java:165)
    at org.talend.metadata.managment.ui.utils.XsdMetadataUtils.createMetadataFromXSD(XsdMetadataUtils.java:188)
    at org.talend.metadata.managment.ui.utils.XsdMetadataUtils.createMetadataFromXSD(XsdMetadataUtils.java:120)
    at org.talend.repository.services.action.PublishMetadataRunnable.process(PublishMetadataRunnable.java:295)
    at org.talend.repository.services.action.PublishMetadataRunnable.access$3(PublishMetadataRunnable.java:258)
    at org.talend.repository.services.action.PublishMetadataRunnable$1.run(PublishMetadataRunnable.java:130)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2313)
    at org.talend.repository.services.action.PublishMetadataRunnable.run(PublishMetadataRunnable.java:146)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

#11 2017-03-01 09:38:44

shong
Talend Team

shong said:

Great, glad to see you get it working now. 

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy