You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2017-03-14 21:38:23

plumberg
115 posts

plumberg said:

How to capture X-Forwarded-For (tRestRequest)

Hi, I am using tRestRequest. I want to capture " X-Forwarded-For" parameter from the header of the incoming message.
When I am adding that parameter in tRestRequest, it does not allow me to do that. Please advise. Thank you.
mini_blob_20170314-1337.png

mini_blob_20170314-1334.png 

#2 2017-03-15 08:04:13

vapukov
470 posts

vapukov said:

Re: How to capture X-Forwarded-For (tRestRequest)

X-Forwarded-For

illegal name for column - Talend (Java) not accept some characters in names - "-", space and etc

#3 2017-03-15 12:22:55

atelesh
Talend Team

atelesh said:

sorry, seems no chance. there is an issue with the same roots - https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TESB-13797 - consider please vote for it.

#4 2017-03-15 12:27:59

sberyozkin
Talend Team

sberyozkin said:

In meantime check request context properties such as "ALL_HEADER_PARAMS" and "ALL_QUERY_PARAMS"
thanks, Sergey

#5 2017-03-15 13:18:44

atelesh
Talend Team

atelesh said:

yes, indeed!
thanks for the hint, Sergey!
forgot I already answered such question (even several times smile).
so please try following way to retrieve the header in tJavaRow or tJavaFlex component right after tRESTRequest component:

((javax.ws.rs.core.MultivaluedMap<String, String>) ((java.util.Map<String, Object>) globalMap.get("restRequest")).get("ALL_HEADER_PARAMS")).getFirst("X-Forwarded-For")

#6 2017-03-15 13:59:35

plumberg
115 posts

plumberg said:

atelesh wrote:

yes, indeed!
thanks for the hint, Sergey!
forgot I already answered such question (even several times smile).
so please try following way to retrieve the header in tJavaRow or tJavaFlex component right after tRESTRequest component:

((javax.ws.rs.core.MultivaluedMap<String, String>) ((java.util.Map<String, Object>) globalMap.get("restRequest")).get("ALL_HEADER_PARAMS")).getFirst("X-Forwarded-For")

Sergey, atelesh:
This works, Thank you.... 

#7 2017-03-18 01:32:10

archenroot
237 posts

archenroot said:

It could be really helpful if Talend has some facade pattern for this king of access either like:
InboundContext.getHeaders.getXForwardFor()
or 
InboundContext.getHeaders.get("Name")
I love the tree metadata information of the inbound and outbound contexts for example in Oracle Service Bus, here in Talend it is not that well organized and easily accessible.

Last edited by archenroot (2017-03-18 01:32:44)

Emperor wants to control outer space Yoda wants to explore inner space that's the fundamental difference between good and bad sides of the Force

#8 2017-03-20 13:44:13

atelesh
Talend Team

atelesh said:

headers map can be easily exposed using component variables regular way in Studio.
(actually message context also - as more generic way)
Alex

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy