You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2017-01-10 18:38:13

Danial123

Danial123 said:

Cant find .OVA file

Hello,
I downloaded the VirtualBox-Windows version of the sandbox but i cant seem to find the OVA/OVF file to import into the virtualbox. What should i do?

Thanks,
Danial

#2 2017-01-16 04:57:52

xdshi
Talend Team

xdshi said:

Re: Cant find .OVA file

Hi Danial,
Are you using Ubuntu Operating System?
Have you checked this resolution forum:https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewt … p?id=53481?
Best regards
Sabrina

What we can do is to make sure that Talend will be your best choice!

#3 2017-01-20 17:41:32

dwilmer
Talend Team

dwilmer said:

Daniel,
When you request a sandbox from the talend.com website you receive a small download manager file.  (it should be saved where your default download are saved).  Double click on that .dlm file and you will then begin downloading the .ova file for the sandbox.

#4 2017-02-23 16:41:57

Dhruva

Dhruva said:

Hi, this is certainly broken.

I am evaluating the suite for my organisation.

After I visit this page, I type in my email id, etc., choose Virtualbox and then click on Submit. After that I am landed on  and the download begins which downloads a 900MB file Talend-Tools-Studio-20151214_1327-V6.1.1.zip.

This zip file has no .ova file.

And there is no download manager as stated.

In fact, whatever route I take (e.g. visit this page), I always end up downloading this huge zip file.

Please fix.

Thanks - Dhruva

#5 2017-03-08 13:31:38

AbadDude

AbadDude said:

I'm having the same issue. I can not find the .ova file downloaded from 

Can't find the .ova file from this Talend-Tools-Studio-20151214_1327-V6.1.1.zip. 

I have the same problem as Dhruva. 

Please help. 

#6 2017-03-08 13:35:01

Anay

Anay said:

dwilmer wrote:

Daniel,
When you request a sandbox from the talend.com website you receive a small download manager file.  (it should be saved where your default download are saved).  Double click on that .dlm file and you will then begin downloading the .ova file for the sandbox.

There was no .dlm file  in the Talend-Tools-Studio-20151214_1327-V6.1.1 which I downloaded from the website.
and there was no .ova file as the cookbook and others suggest to open the .ova file first 

Can't find a way to start the sandbox! sad

#7 2017-03-08 13:38:18

AbadDude

AbadDude said:

xdshi wrote:

Hi Danial,
Are you using Ubuntu Operating System?
Have you checked this resolution forum:?
Best regards
Sabrina

I'm using Windows 7 and downloaded the big data sandbox from official Talend website. 
Which gave me a zip file. Unable to find the .ova file or .dlm file as suggested by some.
the cookbook and others suggest to open the .ova file first ;Please help me to start my downloaded talend sandbox.

#8 2017-03-22 22:16:36

MarkJS

MarkJS said:

Dhruva wrote:

Hi, this is certainly broken.

I am evaluating the suite for my organisation.

After I visit this page, I type in my email id, etc., choose Virtualbox and then click on Submit. After that I am landed on  and the download begins which downloads a 900MB file Talend-Tools-Studio-20151214_1327-V6.1.1.zip.

This zip file has no .ova file.

And there is no download manager as stated.

In fact, whatever route I take (e.g. visit this page), I always end up downloading this huge zip file.

Please fix.

Thanks - Dhruva

I had the same issue with Chrome and Firefox browsers. I then tried Microsoft Edge and it downloaded the correct Talend DLM executable which downloaded the VM.
I hope this helps others.
Mark

#9 2017-03-27 22:05:57

dwilmer
Talend Team

dwilmer said:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I will have our web team investigate and rectify.

#10 2017-03-28 14:57:52

dwilmer
Talend Team

dwilmer said:

I was able to follow up with the web team and they indicated this issue appears when there is too much security on the browser used for downloading.  The extra security encrypts the code that indicates the desired download option and is not able to be translated by the Download site.  When that occurs, the download site defaults to the Studio Tools download.
Please try to use a browse with less spyware blocking devices and complete the form again to allow the process to know what option you have selected

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy