You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2017-03-25 14:48:02

nesrine kalboussi
3 posts

nesrine kalboussi said:

talend for ESB (NON DELIMITED FILE)

Tags: [java]

Hello everyone, 
I am a beginner with talend open studio (for ESB) and i have several questions...
1) How to parse a non delimited file with a dynamic Field separator(my job consists in reading a .txt file with a structure which i had extracted from my database) 
2)How could i manipulate variables defined in my job script and call them from an external java application ?
3)I want to extract the outputs of my script job in a java object to use them after in an external java application( i want to get data from tmap and store them in a java entity then after exporting my script job and puting it in my external java application , i want to instanciate my java entity(created previously in my talend job), how to do that ? 
thanks in advance smile        

#2 2017-03-28 13:13:52

xdshi
Talend Team

xdshi said:

Re: talend for ESB (NON DELIMITED FILE)

Hi,

How to parse a non delimited file with a dynamic Field separator(my job consists in reading a .txt file with a structure which i had extracted from my database)

Could you please elaborate your case with an example with expected output values? Here is a custom component tFileInputTextFlat for handling dynamic schema.
Talend Studio allows you to export the Job script and call it from external Java applications like Eclipse or Netbean.

For more information, please refer to the KB article about:

TalendHelpCenter:Calling+a+Talend+Job+from+an+external+Java+application

Best regards
Sabrina

What we can do is to make sure that Talend will be your best choice!

#3 2017-03-29 07:32:35

nesrine kalboussi
3 posts

nesrine kalboussi said:

Re: talend for ESB (NON DELIMITED FILE)

thank you for replying,
i have a txt file ana i want to extract data from it

the result must be : a java object which must be called in my external java application after exporting my script job ,
in other way , i must be able to get something similar to this :
a class (or an entity) called line , havig attributes: subject(String),action(string) in my external java application  
i have a table in my database which is called structure and has columns :id_element(int), length(int) and description(string) and i must read exactly the value of lengtn case from my input file  to get my element (line) to be used next in my java application 

mini_blob_20170328-2333.png

Last edited by nesrine kalboussi (2017-03-29 07:33:34)

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy