You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2017-03-28 07:03:45

vineetha.mp
3 posts

vineetha.mp said:

Hi All

I am new to talend and I need a help. I am using talend 5.3.1. I want to know how can I have dynamically changing schema. I have set a configuration from where I have to read the columns. If that configuration changes ie one or to columns added extra, my job should not fail. How can I handle such schema? Any help please..

#2 2017-03-28 07:30:31

xdshi
Talend Team

xdshi said:

Re: Hi All

Hi,
The dynamic schema feature in talend will be available in talend subscription solution. So far, schema must be defined during design, not run time which means the configuration can not be read in schema setting during runtime. 
You can define a dynamic column to map different schemas. Please take a look at this KB article about:TalendHelpCenter:How to process changing data structure?
Best regards
Sabrina

What we can do is to make sure that Talend will be your best choice!

#3 2017-03-28 07:51:13

vineetha.mp
3 posts

vineetha.mp said:

Thank you so much Sabrina:)

#4 2017-03-28 13:31:07

xdshi
Talend Team

xdshi said:

Hi,
Can we consider this topic as resolved? Feel free to let us know if there is any furher help we can give.
Best regards
Sabrina

What we can do is to make sure that Talend will be your best choice!

#5 2017-03-31 06:19:55

vineetha.mp
3 posts

vineetha.mp said:

Hi Sabrina,
I have gone through that link, and in that it is said like I should define the type as "dynamic". But I couldn't find this option in the dropdown. What could be the problem? My TOS version? I am using 5.3.1.

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy