You are not logged in.

Unanswered posts

Important! This site has been replaced. All content here is read-only. Please visit our brand-new community at https://community.talend.com/. We look forward to hearing from you there!

#1 2017-04-03 09:23:36

mitulvyas
16 posts

mitulvyas said:

Dynamic CouchDB schema mapping to RDBMS

Hi All,

I am developing an ETL job whereby a variety of different JSON schemas are extracted from CouchDB and then converted to RDBMS. This will be a flat JSON documents after 2 level (which needs to be extracted). Each key in the JSON is mapped 1 to 1 to a column in a table. Right now, I am manually creating a JSON file in metadata for each schema, and manually mapping it to the corresponding table. However, in a few months, the amount of different JSON schemas received will increase exponentially, so manually creating a metadata file and mapping for each schema will not be feasible.

Is there a way I can build a job that generically takes any JSON schema I throw at it, and automatically maps the value to a column in a table (where the name of a column = the JSON key), maybe using tSetDynamicSchema, or write/extract dynamic fields?

Adding the information to the problem, each different type of schema goes into a different table. The data from another configuration paramters defines what the target table is, which is currently achieved by setting the relevant key/value at the configuration DB. I can take the variable (containing the table name) to the context variable and push the data to the relevant table.

P.S.: I'm trying to implement the solution on Big Data Sandbox 6.2. and the Target System is MSSQL.

A quick revert with example will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mitul

#2 2017-04-04 13:12:26

mitulvyas
16 posts

mitulvyas said:

Re: Dynamic CouchDB schema mapping to RDBMS

Hi, Could You please Respond?

Thanks.
Mitul

#3 2017-04-04 15:39:15

dwilmer
Talend Team

dwilmer said:

Re: Dynamic CouchDB schema mapping to RDBMS

This sounds like a case for a POC.  Please reach out to your area Talend Rep for details and further qualification.  Otherwise, please post this to the more general Big Data Forum.
Thanks!

Board footer

Talend Contributor Agreement - Talend Website Privacy Policy